This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH TT in BB

• breena
      breena
      Bronze
      I only had 29 hands on the villan but have noticed him playing most pots and not really folding to raises definitely a fish

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($20.25)
      MP ($48.45)
      CO ($58.75)
      Button ($62.60)
      SB ($46.95)
      Hero (BB) ($56.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

Flop: ($5.25) 7, 9, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.70, CO calls $3.70

Turn: ($12.65) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $8, CO calls $8

River: ($28.65) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $28.65, Hero calls $28.65

Total pot: $85.95

Results below:
      Hero didn't show 10, 10 (nothing).
      CO had 5, A (two pair, Aces and fives).
      Outcome: CO won $82.95

I checked the river kind of expecting a bluff as its a good scare card and dont really see that I can fold there. Or was I thinking to deep as villan is obviously not a very expierianced player and A rag does make sense.
  • 5 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well from my experience he can easily have an ace, he could also have AXd as well as Ace rag. Yeah the ace is a good scare card and he probably bluffs it, but i think he has it most of the time he pots the river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      A is also scare card from them and since he would usually not shove that spot hand that has showdown value like 56 and you can´t be sure he is shoving missed fd I think I´d c/f river to potsize bet
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      I think sometimes villain has A 7 / A 2 type hands that pot river aces up for value
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      The bigger his river bet the more often you need him to bluff. In this case you need to be good 33% of the time.
      While he can have quite a few bluffs (T8, 68, TJ, Kx, Qx, Jx flush draws) he also has a few made hands. We can also safely assume that he rarely ever valuebets worse.

Given that he most likely always vbets better but not always bluffs it's a very close ck/fold for me (unless we picked up other reads in the previous hands you've seen him play - ie: bet size on river with made hands, etc.)
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      I didnt have much of a read on him only 29 hands enough to know he was a fish playing to many pots and limp calling. I would of found it easier to get away from had I block bet $10 and he shoved .

Seeing as the check on the river looks weak and I was expecting the big bet, it would of saved me $18 but still a loss I guess.