[NL2-NL10] AKo at nl10

• hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      I see my opponent rather fishy

BB: $10,81
      Hero: $18,51

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:, K:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,35, 3 folds, BB calls $0,25.

Flop: ($0,75) T:, 7:, J: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,50, BB raises to $2,25, Hero calls $1,75.

He did x/raise flop before with 2 bottom pairs on a 2ss board so i assume he is not bluffing.

The situation here is clear push as i see it now but I decided to play a different lane. As my opponent is a fish and is capable of making stupid moves I assumed that I will be able to keep the full effective stack in case my draws don't come and still be able to put the effective stack easy if they do.In this case vs this opponent that is exactly the way it happened but I think that that's rather isolated case.

Turn: ($5,25) 3: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.
      We see that that is the way it happens and I follow my plan and check it down.Btw there isn't anything else i could do since i played the way i did and the main argument against this lane is " what can i do if he bets the turn and i have no hand yet " which is what's going to happen almost always. And i see his check here really fishy

River: ($5,25) J: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3,00, BB raises to $8,21 (All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.
      Here i even didn't follow my lane and decided that he has nothing which is the opposite of what i said for the x/raise flop :f_confused:
      So my question is whether that lane is profitable against any opponent at all ?
      p.s i really dont know what he could have here because if it was ready flush or set or 2 pairs he would continue on the turn to deffend and the only credible hand here looks like 8 :diamond: 9 :diamond: ( which must had been played fold/3bet preflop )
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hohoho321,

Yes, I'd also rather Call it on flop and take the odds, and as you said you are pretty sure that he is going broke anyways, even if you hit your flush. Therefore I'd just take the implied odds as well. Otherwise I don't really like the bet on river since we will often times win the hand anyways if we Check behind. Since he will fold those hands who fold to the bet. And he will Call too whatever hand beats us there. Just Check behind on river and hope to be ahead, as well get a information on his hand, with what he picked such a line.

Best regards.