Yvonne on her way to $22 SNG's!

• 55 replies
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Not really much to say for today. Only that I increased the amount of tables played from 8 to 12. When I started at $11 I did 16 tables, but had a little downswing so I starting playing 8 tables to watch my opponents more carefully. This worked and after about 15 sessions of running on the EV line and getting good results I am back to 12 games at the same time. Also I changed from full screen stacking tables to make 4 tiles and playing 3 tables on each tile to still keep track of peoples playing tendencies.

good night
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      small update... was taking a little break before I went to bed as I allways do. Something really bad "almost" happend.

I still had Tableninja opened, wich I didn't know. And was watching some $1011 and $506 super turbo HU games. I clicked somewhere but the table dissapeared because it closed down. I thought I clicked on the register tab wich would have mean I had registered to a $506 game. Fortunatly I just clicked on the open tournament lobby button.

new goal:

[ ] don't leave tableninja open when I am not playing
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      basically a standard Friday. Not being able to play more than the absolute minimum to achieve Iron Man because of the weekends I am with my girlfriend. So time for poker is when she sleeps!

One very good thing happend today tho!
      I reached a 2k+ bankroll.

onwards and upwards I guess

have a good weekend all!
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Back from holiday wich was a dissaster! What happend you might think? Well this:

First we would go to Egypt, obviously not the best choice right now. So instead we rebooked and some idiot thought Nord-East Germany would be the bomb. NOT.

1. It was freezing my ass of for 5 out of 7 days.
      2. We went to see some hotspots in Berlin (nice but the freezing wind made it horrible), Swerinn (both our hotspots were closed because of some kind of political meeting) and Rostock wich was oke.
      3. Driving for 60 miles without seeing a gas station and only have gas for 2 more miles is not fun.
      4. My girlfriend made some kind of (spazz move we would say) weird comment and wanted to go play tennis for 1 hour at -8 degrees Celcius.
      5. Paying for 1 hour of bowling is fine, but paying an extra $2.70 for shoes is just insane.

Food and Beer was great tho!

Came back last night but was so tired from driving 6h+ straight that I didn't play poker anymore. Also a big influence on that was that the heater was somehow broken wich made it 11 degrees in my house and that is not a big incentive. Good thing about that was me and my girl ended up in the Jacuzzi.

But as I said no poker. Tonight it was my fathers birthday (29 feb but hey that's not this year so...) And got ill so wasn't feeling like grinding today. I still needed 2 days for Ironman so kind of had to put in some volume.

I decided to play some HU Super Turbo $20. And in my third game I found a huge fish vs who I played about 20 games and took 6 buy-ins total. So Ironman completed and some nice cash aswell. That also was probably my last HU session as my goals for March are clear.

Anyway leave a comment if you read the blog, kinda not fun to watch me wright and no one else.

kind regards,
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hey man,

Very nice blog and very nice graph.

You seem to be killing the SNGs, you are playing the regular from what I can tell, maybe I should give them a try one day, I pretty much always played turbos. I assume the strategy is pretty much the same.

I will follow your progress as well and make sure to drop by my blog.

Take care
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Thanks for the kind words.

I am pretty much killing but not as much as I want. My main problem is volume but gonna take care of that from now on.

Strategy in regular stt are indeed the same, only difference is that you can exploit more at the early phase because it last longer.

Kind regards,
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Last day of the month poker was a bitch since I am still and put in the bare minimum to achieve Iron Man. I ran 3 buy-in -EV but played reasonable well considering me being ill. I guess that's called a B-game. Now I am gonna sleep early and play a sick session tomorrow if I am better again...

grinding month starts!

kind regards,
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      So February came to an end. Been a good month in one way and a bad month in a other way.

Why it was a good month: I made more than the month before.
      The bad thing: I sucked at volume on the $11

February Graph

As you see only 550+ games when I was aiming at 800 or so. In my defence tho I was one week of the month in Germany.

March goals:

[ ] Get a backer for Pokerstars games
      [ ] 1k sng's
      [ ] don't play $22 sng's yet
      [ ] cashout 50% of March winnings at the end of March
      [ ] regain Gold status on Pokerstrategy
      [ ] Read all Gold articles and watch <3 vs Chenny part 2 video
      [ ] Reach Iron man Gold status
      [ ] DON'T PLAY HU SUPER TURBO!

kind regards,
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      God it feels good to win when you are ill...

Still ill and from the looks of it I will still be tomorrow.

Good thing:

I can easily make some volume (sleep 2 hours and play session 3 times is golden)

Bad thing:

I play worse poker.

The bad thing is kind of obviouse imo but when you are running 22 buy-in +EV over 38 games makes your day a lot better to enjoy.

Still need to post some hands in the forum so I'm not totally done for the day.
      I also went to the shop today and bought alot of smoothies and health stuff and my mom will come over tomorrow to clean up my house wich is great. Just have to make sure I don't play when she drops in, since she might not do it.

Ok since this talking about being ill is kinda boring and I want to attract some people to my blog aswell obviously....
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Nice blog, kinda guessed you were from the Netherlands when I saw your nickname. At first I thought you were a girl tho :P

Anyway, nice graph so far. Have you ever thought about playing the turbo's instead of regular speed?

Lol @ your mom cleaning the house while you are still able to play poker :f_biggrin:
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      any of you dutch guys into the hardstyle seen ?

im so addicted to that music
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Will follow, geeeel.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      any of you dutch guys into the hardstyle seen ?

im so addicted to that music
      I used to be, but am kinda out of it.

Now I listen to pretty much every single kind of music, as long as it is technically of great quality!
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Demonic226
      Nice blog, kinda guessed you were from the Netherlands when I saw your nickname. At first I thought you were a girl tho :P

Anyway, nice graph so far. Have you ever thought about playing the turbo's instead of regular speed?

Lol @ your mom cleaning the house while you are still able to play poker :f_biggrin:
      Never thought about playing the turbo's I like to play it slow and like to be able to exploit people as much as I can in the early phase. I only play the turbo's when there is a lack of time.

EDIT: who says I am not a girl? I just like the beauty of photography :f_biggrin:
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      lol mysteries :D
    • MojaDunja
      MojaDunja
      Bronze
      nice blog man. How is it going? March is starting, new month is here. Gl, mate ;) . I will keep reading this.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hmm, well, thought u were a girl mainly coz ur blog title is "yvonne on HER way..."
      and yvonne is a girls name in my country at least. :tongue:
      entertaining blog, nice to read, then shocker when u mention a gf.. like woot?
      u seem to be crushing hard. was gna shout out some support to fellow female but err... gl anyway :D
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I think your a dude with a girlish alter ego that talks about her(him)self in feminine third person..
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Today still being ill sucks and it's boring my brain out. My mom cleaned up tho, wich was great. Rest of the day was close to normal.

Ran a buy-in or 7 +EV. Not satisfied with the volume I put in today tho, only 26 games while I wanted to play 30+

My girlfriend had a tough time hence the lack volume so had to help her out a bit. Tomorrow gonna be a bit more playing and a bit less sleeping I hope, but it depends on how I feel. I intend to put in about 50 games.

So far 36 buy-in up this month!

thread saver