[NL2-NL10] 10NL FR AKs on BB vs ss.

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I thought a lot about cbetting there :( Once I checked I realised I probably should have bet. Usually I do in that spot when high cards hit the flop, but here I felt I can't bluff him, and he will only pay me if he connected with the flop...And I am not sure he is calling pref with Ax...He is playing with such a short stack that I thought it wasn't worth anything really...I really don't know if I should cbet there or not, and most importantly, WHY? :f_confused:

BB is supertight (really, super. 8/6/0 over 180 hands, and he gives his blinds up for the table's charity so we can keep playing). Limping Villain is 16/15/0, over 40 hands. He limped/folded to raise once (the only time someone raised his limp) Folded to 3B preflop 3 out of 3 times. Extremely passive on flop: fold to bet 3 out of 3, fold to raise 1/1, fold to cbet 1/1, bet less than half the time (but then he had a big stack that he lost a couple of hands before and didnt refill, KK vs AA pref)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $3.66
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $4.15
      SB (Hero):
      $10.98
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $7.60
      MP2:
      $2.51

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.1) J, 5, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.60, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.1.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

What about fold to CBet? :) If has it high enough then I'd just CBet and hope him to fold, otherwise if he ain't folding to CBets that often then Check/Folding there is totally fine.

Best regards.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      yep. I think that is what was bothering me...he had 3 opportunities where he called a preflop raise and the 3 times he folded to cbet... I am so nice I let him have it :f_biggrin: Just keeping the charity thing going at the table
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by MisClick
      yep. I think that is what was bothering me...he had 3 opportunities where he called a preflop raise and the 3 times he folded to cbet... I am so nice I let him have it :f_biggrin: Just keeping the charity thing going at the table
      That's why posting hands is good and discussing them. You will just find the leaks you have got or what you could do other way. Abuse the pokerstrategy for getting those evaluations for free. :f_biggrin:
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      There are arguments both ways here IMO. Remember 40 hands is not many to start giving too much weight to flop stats.

For c-bet: given how tight and straightforward he's been playing on the flop you can fold out a lot of his smaller pairs which limp/call pre-flop. If he calls you still have 6 outs against a one pair hand if an A or K hits.

Against: you are OOP on a board which hits a limpers range pretty hard (i.e. there is a flush draw and a lot of the middling suited stuff hits that board - 67, 78, 89, 9T, TJ, JQ, QK, 8T, TQ, 8J, etc, all have a pair or draw or pair + draw. Plus a lot of mid-pocket pair type hands will call one bet on that flop IP - 77, 88, TT) so he will frequently peel on that board.

On balance, I think c/f is perfectly fine.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hey Joniko, Great stuff, I am trying to learn how to put people onto ranges, but I still find it pretty difficult with loose limpers...Your analysis of ranges looks very good, thank you for that :)