[NL2-NL10] AJo NL10 SH

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I have been recently trying out some SH fun so don't berate me too hard :P cos I'm new to the format.

Couple of points:

- standard spot for a squeeze?
      - I was thinking bet/fold on flop, but its too wet to not be thinking that I might be getting semi bluffed if i get check raised all in, what would we do in that spot?
      - Jam the turn or straight up valbet/broke?

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $16.72
      CO: $3.50
      BTN: $10.59
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $9.17
      UTG: $21.25

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, Hero raises to $1.60, fold, fold, BTN calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.70, 2 players) T:heart: J:heart: 2:spade:
      Hero bets $2.10, BTN calls $2.10

Turn: ($7.90, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero bets $3.15, fold

Hero wins $7.51
  • 3 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Yes, this looks like a good spot for a squeeze based on the positions of the raisers alone. Stats/reads are crucial though - do you have any reads on these guys to help you define their opening and continuing ranges?

You need some stats to try to help define his flop range but, as an unknown, you are likely to be ahead of his flat call CO open/flat call BB squeeze range.

Given how wet the board is, I think you can bet more on the flop (like, 3/4 pot) and go broke but it will depend on what you think his range looks like given any reads you have.

By the turn, you have top pair and the nut flush draw with only a pot sized bet behind so I think bet/broke or check/shove are both fine.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

I have been recently trying out some SH fun so don't berate me too hard Zunge raus cos I'm new to the format.

Then I am going to be ready and waiting for your hands since SH has a lot of hard spots and where you have to discuss the situations and of course player based game. Not that much straight forward play anymore like in FR. Hoping to see hands from you. :)

- standard spot for a squeeze?

As I understand the players are pretty unknown for you then sure, why not to squeeze here. And pretty good spot and our hand is strong enough to do that as well.

- I was thinking bet/fold on flop, but its too wet to not be thinking that I might be getting semi bluffed if i get check raised all in, what would we do in that spot?

I'd bet a bit bigger on flop like $2,70 or something similar. And it's kinda depending on the opponent but as I understand we are against unknown and we have backdoor FD+TP and also it's 3bet pot you can likely consider even going broke there. He may as well have any draws and also as well maybe even weaker Jx, sometimes even weaker PPs. But if we are against some nitty/passive guy, you might even find a fold here time to time.

- Jam the turn or straight up valbet/broke?

Yep, just shove the turn with your nutFD+TP. :)

Best regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I do have stats but have been playing most players including the ones in the hand as unknowns, and just working off the general table dynamics and my table image since my stats are over an unreliable sample size at the moment.

thanks for the help.