silver status first week of playing

• beastmode
      beastmode
      Bronze
      hey all i just reached silver status, i played only super turbo sng hu, i havent made any profit at all im break even, i have played like 600 of these 1$ hu games without any profit...
      I really need some tips/advice to continue or not with this game or change to cash game or smthin.
  • 7 replies
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      if you have a bankroll 50$ or more just move to 2$ HU SnGs regular turbos. Try these
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He beastmode,

gratz for reaching silver in such a short time!

However please bear in mind that super turbo and HU - those are all words for high variance and you should definitively know that this variance can bust your 50$ that you got from PokerStrategy.com.
      This is also the reason why we do not actively provide content for beginners here. I recommend staying with our normal SnG-education - be it hand evaluations, live coaching sessions or strategy articles. Even a discussion in our strategy forums will help you, of course I should not forget about the videos we offer...
      Any more questions or still staying at the HU games?
    • beastmode
      beastmode
      Bronze
      i do enjoy hu game i feel like i can beat the limits with a bit of studying, too bad no articles for that on this site
    • carexfish
      carexfish
      Bronze
      No need to study now If u ask me.Try to find the best game format for you by trial and error.
      Once u find a game in which you feel comfortable in you and then can start to improve:D and read strategy.
      If u like tornaments play freerolls!Best way to learn for free. I play freerolls and i have learn alot.I won two NHL 150$ 7500 entrys freeroll =36$ and 8h of expirience+1 horse(mixed game) 1st place on same formant=+18$ and i learned 3 new games:D (you know pros alway say that a good poker player has to play every game).
      And I think st sng is perfect to grind and get a feel of the game variance.But I think that if you try 9 players 1+10$ st sng u will be a winning player in no time.Play the best hand and fold if u need to get in the money.Best hands win half of the times so intuition is good to bet on! :f_biggrin: any way u can make max of 4.50$ so is good gamble 2th place is 2.70 and for 3th u get 70cent on top of ur money;D.
      Only tipe of cash game that I play is 0.25/0.50 NLH rush poker(but it sux belive me).I pick good players and w8 for a cold deck:D good players know they gona lose but they call when u give them the right price ahahaha unlike poor people like us :s_love: ofc u need a good read but that come along the way.

I hope that I was in any help with my horable english.Good luck!
    • carexfish
      carexfish
      Bronze
      Oh yeah and I found some realy good silver status videos to imporve my play.You should check them out no metter if you play lower limits, it is basicly the same.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey,

We also have a HU SNG video series for silver status, which is available via this link:
      HU SnG

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      You can also check out twoplustwo's HU SNG forum: They have a "Best of" thread that taught me a lot about HU. Btw: It's recommended to have 40 buyins to play heads-up if you're being very conservative with your BM, so 50 bucks is totally fine in my opinion.