This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

silver status first week of playing

• beastmode
      beastmode
      Bronze
      hey all i just reached silver status, i played only super turbo sng hu, i havent made any profit at all im break even, i have played like 600 of these 1$ hu games without any profit...
      I really need some tips/advice to continue or not with this game or change to cash game or smthin.
  • 7 replies
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      if you have a bankroll 50$ or more just move to 2$ HU SnGs regular turbos. Try these
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He beastmode,

gratz for reaching silver in such a short time!

However please bear in mind that super turbo and HU - those are all words for high variance and you should definitively know that this variance can bust your 50$ that you got from PokerStrategy.com.
      This is also the reason why we do not actively provide content for beginners here. I recommend staying with our normal SnG-education - be it hand evaluations, live coaching sessions or strategy articles. Even a discussion in our strategy forums will help you, of course I should not forget about the videos we offer...
      Any more questions or still staying at the HU games?
    • beastmode
      beastmode
      Bronze
      i do enjoy hu game i feel like i can beat the limits with a bit of studying, too bad no articles for that on this site
    • carexfish
      carexfish
      Bronze
      No need to study now If u ask me.Try to find the best game format for you by trial and error.
      Once u find a game in which you feel comfortable in you and then can start to improve:D and read strategy.
      If u like tornaments play freerolls!Best way to learn for free. I play freerolls and i have learn alot.I won two NHL 150$ 7500 entrys freeroll =36$ and 8h of expirience+1 horse(mixed game) 1st place on same formant=+18$ and i learned 3 new games:D (you know pros alway say that a good poker player has to play every game).
      And I think st sng is perfect to grind and get a feel of the game variance.But I think that if you try 9 players 1+10$ st sng u will be a winning player in no time.Play the best hand and fold if u need to get in the money.Best hands win half of the times so intuition is good to bet on! :f_biggrin: any way u can make max of 4.50$ so is good gamble 2th place is 2.70 and for 3th u get 70cent on top of ur money;D.
      Only tipe of cash game that I play is 0.25/0.50 NLH rush poker(but it sux belive me).I pick good players and w8 for a cold deck:D good players know they gona lose but they call when u give them the right price ahahaha unlike poor people like us :s_love: ofc u need a good read but that come along the way.

I hope that I was in any help with my horable english.Good luck!
    • carexfish
      carexfish
      Bronze
      Oh yeah and I found some realy good silver status videos to imporve my play.You should check them out no metter if you play lower limits, it is basicly the same.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey,

We also have a HU SNG video series for silver status, which is available via this link:
      HU SnG

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      You can also check out twoplustwo's HU SNG forum: They have a "Best of" thread that taught me a lot about HU. Btw: It's recommended to have 40 buyins to play heads-up if you're being very conservative with your BM, so 50 bucks is totally fine in my opinion.