[NL2-NL10] 10NL FR calling QTs LP

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I am not sure about this...I usually reraise in position cbets of small sizes (like 1/2pot or less...this bet here is borderline) in that kind of flop, vs. that kind of player, when I have a draw like that one, as I hope to get a free card on turn, and many times they fold to my reraise. Depending on the size of the bet, I re-raise 3x (if he cbet small) to min (if he cbet like here) (is this line ok? Sometimes I think I might be a little too much on the aggressive side...).

Well, this time I just called, and then I remembered why I like re-raising those small cbets...Or is my call here ok?

Villain is 12/9/4 over 210 hands, (VPIP/PRF/PF3B), Cbet 1/5, fold to re-raise 1/1, fold to bet on flop 9/10. Mmmmh...now that I look at this, maybe that cbet wasn't that small for that kind of player.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $12.12
      MP1:
      $8.40
      MP2:
      $7.95
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.78
      CO:
      $5.92
      BU:
      $5.42
      SB:
      $10.04

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, T.
      UTG2 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 7, K, A (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.15) 8 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.15, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.15.

For my draw to pay now I virtually need him to be willing to go all in when I hit on turn, and the way his bet sizing is going, I doubt it very much...
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

The problem with raising against those opponents is that only reason to raise there is if we also know that he is capable of folding there his Ax, but I don't think so. Rather just Call if you want to continue at all. Otherwise I'd also fold it on turn.

Best regards.