[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Kk

• veeretas
      veeretas
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($56.50)
      MP ($56.89)
      Button ($50)
      SB ($26.15)
      Hero (BB) ($88.17)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
      2 folds, Button bets $1.50, SB calls $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) 2, 3, 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $3, SB calls $3, Hero raises $11, Button calls $8, 1 fold

Turn: ($29.50) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $18, 1 fold

Total pot: $29.50

BU is 22/14 and very low aggression after 92 hand
      SB is fish
      Whats the correct play on turn. I think he plays flop that way with sets and overpairs(including AA) plus some 9x and flush draws.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If SB is a fish why are we not trying to isolate him preflop with a 3-bet here?

As played. on that turn card it's hard to continue getting value from anything. 1p hands will most likely always fold there, especially if you have villain labeled as a weak tight guy so I prefer checking.

Given that you have villain as being passive I also prefer a donk bet on the flop. I expect him to check back here way too often and we don't want that. We also want to make sure the fish continues to put money in there.

I like the ck/raise versus people you know or speculate that C-bet a lot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      board seems dry so I think BU would often c-bet so I don´t mind c/r flop for value and stacking off
      You´re not folding your hand but at the same time I don´t think he would call you down too often worse hands if you bet that big on the turn.
      So with overpair+fd I´d b/c turn 9$ and then fire river 11$ valuebet