[NL20-NL50] NL50 sh AK OOP

• veeretas
      veeretas
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($28.50)
      MP ($50)
      Button ($50)
      SB ($101.59)
      Hero (BB) ($53.37)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
      UTG calls $0.50, MP bets $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) K, 4, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, 1 fold, MP calls $3.50

Turn: ($13.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9, MP calls $9

River: ($31.25) 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $38.37, 1 fold

Total pot: $31.25
      CO is 22/20 agg fr 36% cbet 100%(3), 2nd opponet is a fish
      Pre i call to keep fish in and reg is continuing with range that crushes me or i am fliping.
      On flop i lead out because i dont want to miss value against fish as CO is not cbeting his air range and possible some weak made hands.
      On the river no worse hands are calling but i think he can play AK, AA maybe even 66 the same way and should be foldin those now. Should i go c/f insted(in general he should not be beting worse hands than flushes and i have some SD value ) or blockbet 1/3 of the pot.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      The way the hand is played it looks like both of you have a hand.

In my opinion you are only repping AK with the A of spades when you bet 3 streets like that unless you have an image that allows villain to also add AsQ, AsJ in your range. So again as you get to play versus better opponents I think you'll get looked up lighter.

To me it looks like you got him to fold a worse hand or in the best case scenario a split (and the occasional 1 combo of AA that doesn't beat us). So I think ck/folding the river or bet/folding (small) is better. I'd personally prefer a $10 bet on that river. A Kx hand will have a hard time folding.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Good thing about your river shove is that he won´t call you down with Qs, Js
      I think he would raise flop with two pair+ to protect his hand and you´re ahead his KQ/KJ hands that doesn´t have spade.
      Since very often players also would raise flop with A high fd I don´t mind your river shove, but you can also take c/f line on the river, since you´re not folding out too many better hands