This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 sh AK OOP

• veeretas
      veeretas
      Gold
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($28.50)
      MP ($50)
      Button ($50)
      SB ($101.59)
      Hero (BB) ($53.37)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
      UTG calls $0.50, MP bets $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.25) K, 4, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, 1 fold, MP calls $3.50

Turn: ($13.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9, MP calls $9

River: ($31.25) 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $38.37, 1 fold

Total pot: $31.25
      CO is 22/20 agg fr 36% cbet 100%(3), 2nd opponet is a fish
      Pre i call to keep fish in and reg is continuing with range that crushes me or i am fliping.
      On flop i lead out because i dont want to miss value against fish as CO is not cbeting his air range and possible some weak made hands.
      On the river no worse hands are calling but i think he can play AK, AA maybe even 66 the same way and should be foldin those now. Should i go c/f insted(in general he should not be beting worse hands than flushes and i have some SD value ) or blockbet 1/3 of the pot.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      The way the hand is played it looks like both of you have a hand.

In my opinion you are only repping AK with the A of spades when you bet 3 streets like that unless you have an image that allows villain to also add AsQ, AsJ in your range. So again as you get to play versus better opponents I think you'll get looked up lighter.

To me it looks like you got him to fold a worse hand or in the best case scenario a split (and the occasional 1 combo of AA that doesn't beat us). So I think ck/folding the river or bet/folding (small) is better. I'd personally prefer a $10 bet on that river. A Kx hand will have a hard time folding.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Good thing about your river shove is that he won´t call you down with Qs, Js
      I think he would raise flop with two pair+ to protect his hand and you´re ahead his KQ/KJ hands that doesn´t have spade.
      Since very often players also would raise flop with A high fd I don´t mind your river shove, but you can also take c/f line on the river, since you´re not folding out too many better hands