This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 K9s

• veeretas
      veeretas
      Gold
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($58.63)
      UTG ($50.75)
      MP ($61.14)
      CO ($50)
      Button ($52.09)
      SB ($54.86)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, K
      2 folds, CO bets $1.50, Button calls $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) Q, 6, 9 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $3.25

Turn: ($11.25) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.50, Hero raises $20.50, 1 fold

Total pot: $26.25
      On turn i can rep 66,99, 78, 2pair and he continues with very small range. He On turn his range could be Qx, JT, overpairs, 7x & 8x combos, some sets(i have 9 as blocker), 2pair,
      Is it profitable spot in longrun. Opponent should be reg but is unknown.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I personally prefer to 3-bet this preflop, especially versus unknowns (if BTN is a fish a call might be better).

As played I don't mind your line if you think a lot of better hands are folding and mainly that's Qx hands. TT-JJ, A9 are rarely ever betting there, even weaker Qx hands don't bet (like QT, QJ maybe KQ) so what bets is either air, sets, AQ so a lot of hands that you are folding are worse than your hand.

The only problem is that you play vs an unknown so river will be hard to play.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you´re basically reping 78 and sometimes 65 or slowplayed sets. Since players would b/f that turn with overpairs and Qx hands
      If you get called I think you have to check, since he won´t fold river Qx+ hands and then question is if his range has enough JT hands that would shove river ui or he is always slowplaying sets/straights and only shove these hands. Most players won´t shove river for value QK/AQ/KK/AA