Ideas on how to avoid tilt!

• Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      Tilting is one of my weakest points, and was wondering what you guys do to avoid it. Hope I can take some of the ideas to control tilting and sticking to my BR management :D
  • 5 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      The best thing you can do is recognise bad beats are going to happen sometimes, and accept it. Also, desensitize yourself to the money on the table.

Detatch your emotions from your pllay as well, sure, everyone gets pissed off when they get bad beat, but if you can learn to keep this angry emotion seperate from your rational thoughts, you can control tilt.

This is all a lot easier said than done, but it can be done.
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      The best thing you can do is recognise bad beats are going to happen sometimes, and accept it. Also, desensitize yourself to the money on the table.

+1

I visit here
      Puts me in a good mood and I forget why I was on tilt.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Try a stress ball, or google demotivational pictures :)

Trance music might help too...
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      I usually scream, swear and make stupid moves, cry to friends about bad beats and how i am the unluckiest person of all time, and that everything is rigged, once u accept its rigged , u accept the game as it is and can focus on playing the game correctly.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      It depends on tilt type. anger tilt is pretty easy to detect and therefore avoid. Other tilt just creeps in and you cant tell. Video your session and rewatch is quite good. I find writing down the ways you think you're tilting to be quite good too.

For me detecting when and how i'm tilting is harder than fixing it