[NL2-NL10] AA deep stacked in 3-bet pot

• JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz,

I know I completely misplayed this hand but I'm curious how you'd play it. Effective stacks are 310bb which make it really tricky IMO. Villain is a 12/8 reg after 740 hands with a fold to 3 bet of 17% (sample of just 6). He is folding to 70% of c-bets.

I make a very big 3-bet to try to avoid this but when he calls his range looks pretty narrow (although he's not folded much to 3-bets previously).

I hate getting raised on the flop and I guess it's probably a fold there? I put him on a range of something like, AK, KK, QQ and an unlikely AA. When it checks through on the flop I block bet try to get a cheap showdown but I think I'm crushed when he raises and he always has QQ or KK.

Thoughts appreciated!

Cheers.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 ($14.05)
      CO ($9.65)
      Button ($12)
      Hero (SB) ($31.30)
      BB ($10.58)
      UTG ($19.39)
      UTG+1 ($10.94)
      MP1 ($50.35)
      MP2 ($11.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
      2 folds, MP1 bets $0.40, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, MP1 calls $1.60, 1 fold

Flop: ($4.50) Q, K, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, MP1 raises to $6, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($16.50) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks

River: ($16.50) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, MP1 raises to $15.35, Hero folds

Total pot: $26.50 | Rake: $1.76
  • 3 replies
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      thinking check raise the flop with the option of push or fold to a 3 bet.Just a thought. Lets see what a judge thinks.I might play AK this way
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello JonikoP,

I know I completely misplayed this hand but I'm curious how you'd play it.

First of all, that's nothing to be ashamed, NOBODY I repeat NOBODY is perfect. Everyone got leaks and that's why we are here in the forum, to fix them and learn from our mistakes. And if you don't even post any hands, how should you learn? Keep going the great work and NEVER be ashamed of posting hands, rather be proud!

I make a very big 3-bet to try to avoid this but when he calls his range looks pretty narrow (although he's not folded much to 3-bets previously).

I like the reason here and I would likely as well do it for the given reason that we are so deep.

I hate getting raised on the flop and I guess it's probably a fold there?

It depends a lot on the opponent, what's his AF. Although when he is more kinda passive guy then it's true that I'd even consider just folding there, although it might seem sometimes weak.

Overall about your play, I don't mind calling the flop at all, since sometimes he might as well do that with any kind of draw or maybe even with just TP. And of course he may do that as well with bluffs while we are that deep. Next time post as well the AF and CBet raises which would help a lot. With just VPIP/PFR we can't say how he does play postflop. :( But then back to the river play, it's somewhat good for the reason that he might as well have there FD and which completed and we don't want to make a hero-call vs a huge bet. Rather make a block-bet/Fold. Against some spewy reg who likes to raise I sometimes even let him to bluff the river with Check/Call.

Best regards.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz,

Thanks very much, that helps alot. His AF was 3.9 and he raised c-bet 2/10.

Jon