[NL2-NL10] 10NL FR flopped set 4-way pot

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Good Mooorning!
      (So sorry (and embarrased :rolleyes: ) about posting all hands together, I didn't know I couldn't do that. Won't happen again :D )

Raiser preflop is 19/19 over 17 hands, SB donker is 67/0 over 12 hands, BB is 45/30 over 20 hands. These two I have position on are pretty unknwon but playing a lot of hands.

Is this bet too big? They both instafold, in particular the one I thought would pay. Wouldn't 1.50 be a better sized bet?

$0.10 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $10.47
      SB: $4.20
      BB: $2.94
      UTG: $7.73
      Hero (UTG+1): $10.46
      MP: $10.14
      MP+1: $9.85
      LP: $10.41
      CO: $4.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 3:spade: 3:heart:

fold, Hero calls $0.10, fold, fold, LP raises to $0.40, fold, fold, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.60, 4 players) 3:diamond: K:spade: 4:heart:
      SB bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2.00, fold, fold, fold

Hero wins $2.24

The original raiser has the bigger stack in that hand. He knows the other ones are just messing around. I am worried that with that raise, the only time he stays in the hand is when he has exactly KK. I see him folding AK with that action in front, coming from me. Flat calling is risky as he might just flat called too and I am going to the turn with 4 players, a small set and a small pot for the hand I have. Isn't it better to raise it 1 or 1.50?

If I am playing only vs. the two loose players, then also, I might be killing these hands playing like that. If they had something (like 2 pair, a K, or a draw), would they pay that raise? I noticed that this kind of player seems to call depending on the size of the raise, even with air...

?(
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

Actually the raise size ain't big at all. Sometimes you might even consider doing it a bit bigger if the board is more drawy like flushdraw also on the board. But as played I'd rather also raise and start to building up the pot and don't let them draw cheaply. And if they have the Kx there, they are very likely to Call anyways.

Best regards.