Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG: $17.56 (175.6 bb)
      MP: $8.28 (82.8 bb)
      CO: $6.53 (65.3 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $9.46 (94.6 bb)
      SB: $4 (40 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T:club: T:heart:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.40, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, MP calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.55) 5:spade: 4:club: 6:heart: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.80, MP calls $1.80

Turn: ($6.15) 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.15) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP bets $1, Hero calls $1

Preflop i stansard 3bet and i think is the only way to play this hand , because flat calling is weak and i can continue only if i made a set or somenthing.
      In another site a user told me that 3bet for fold a 4bet is bad ? And he prefers to call, i really do not agree with this line.
      On the river I have to call because 1 for 7 is a good pot odds but i can beat only 99 all the other hands beat me.
      What do you think abaout that? preflop 3bet or call? on the river the call i good or bad?
  • 3 replies
    • bazerk
      Sorry dude this is FL forum.
    • EagleStar88
      <Moved to NL>
    • veriz
      Hello 7u13m9,

Preflop: Why do you think that raising is the only play here? What's your plan if he 3bets you and tries to get it in? We can't never be sure that even are ahead anymore, at the best we get a coinflip and likely could even be that we are far behind. Therefore I like Calling here and having position on him. But definitely 3betting is questionable but you also have to have a reason for it.

As played
      Flop: Seems to be fine, I'd also CBet it here to protect from overcards and as well find out where we stand.
      Turn: Likely Checking behind is fine, since he will anyways have hard time Calling with a lot worse and pot control here is good thing to think of.
      River: Yes, I'd also rather Call the small bet since there ain't many hands anyways which may Call our raise.

And by the way add to full stack. :)

Best regards.