[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Sh Qq Bu

• alexgrapid
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) 7, T, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $2.42, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.02.

Villain was 23/20 foldBBvsSTeal 71 AF3 in 127 hands (he was defending his BB too much I think) ,here was a better option to call and reevaluate on turn ??? I didn't want to give him the initiative and If he shoved a fold would have been the better option ????
  • 2 replies
    • LiquidCity
      If villain shoved you had to call.
      If BB went all-in the pot would've been 5.31$ (villains stack on the flop)+ 0.32$ + 2.42$ = 8.05$ > you had to add 2.89$ more which means you have 1:2.8 pot odds (you need 26% equity).

But that wasn't you first question.

Um, I wouldn't 3-bet the flop since you will take out all his air/bluffs and isolate yourself against strong draws/better hands.

So call flop on his raise and evaluate/re-evaluate (what is the good term?) turn is the best option.
    • veriz
      Hello alexgrapid,

For the reason that the board is so drawy I like the 3bet here. They often times tend to Check/Raise with draws and when we just Call such a small raise we just giving him great odds and not forcing him to make any mistakes. Therefore I don't even mind. If the flop would be more dry I'd consider Calling.

Best regards.