This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Sh Qq Bu

• alexgrapid
      alexgrapid
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.07
      BU (Hero):
      $6.39
      SB:
      $5.61
      BB:
      $5.46
      MP2:
      $8.31
      MP3:
      $6.30

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) 7, T, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $2.42, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.02.

Villain was 23/20 foldBBvsSTeal 71 AF3 in 127 hands (he was defending his BB too much I think) ,here was a better option to call and reevaluate on turn ??? I didn't want to give him the initiative and If he shoved a fold would have been the better option ????
  • 2 replies
    • LiquidCity
      LiquidCity
      Bronze
      If villain shoved you had to call.
      If BB went all-in the pot would've been 5.31$ (villains stack on the flop)+ 0.32$ + 2.42$ = 8.05$ > you had to add 2.89$ more which means you have 1:2.8 pot odds (you need 26% equity).

But that wasn't you first question.

Um, I wouldn't 3-bet the flop since you will take out all his air/bluffs and isolate yourself against strong draws/better hands.

So call flop on his raise and evaluate/re-evaluate (what is the good term?) turn is the best option.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello alexgrapid,

For the reason that the board is so drawy I like the 3bet here. They often times tend to Check/Raise with draws and when we just Call such a small raise we just giving him great odds and not forcing him to make any mistakes. Therefore I don't even mind. If the flop would be more dry I'd consider Calling.

Best regards.