[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Qq

• dany2391
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:diamond: , Q:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.02.
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, 4 folds, CO calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.32, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.24, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.75) A:diamond: , 4:spade: , 3:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.45, UTG1 calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.65) Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $1.2, UTG1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.65

So let's say I don't hit the set on the turn.Do you think I should bet the turn considering the type of opponent I'm facing?
  • 2 replies
    • LiquidCity
      I'm not very good with these stats above, but I asume he's playing 12/9?
      That's kind of tight, which means his UTG1-range is even tighter. 3-betting is ok now since you can isolate the CO-fish, but if he wouldn't have been in the hand a call preflop would have been better imo.

As played you did it ok. You can also choose to bet the turn small (.40$) to induce a raise or keeping him in the pot since there are (almost) no draws in his range.

If the turn wouldn't have been the 3rd Q you had the c/f the turn. I think after his call preflop and call on the flop his range consists mostly Ax (from which I think you will see mostly AK).
    • veriz
      Hello dany2391,

Preflop: Somehow I like the 3bet here, rather just avoid being in multiway pot, but that could also be a reason to just Call while he is raising this hand from UTG and often times it's pretty strong range.
      Postflop: Since it's a 3bet pot and he will anyways have hard time Calling with a lot worse. Plus the board is dry, no draws or anything. I'd just Check behind, only hand we could make fold is KK here, but from others we want get value. Although I am not even sure that he is playing KK this way. Just Check behind on flop and likely bet the turn.

Best regards.