BTN ($0.81)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.17) J:heart: T:club: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.13, BB raises to $0.39, Hero calls $0.26

TURN ($0.95) J:heart: T:club: 6:club: J:club:

BB bets $1.66 (AI), Hero folds

Villain unknown.
      Please say it was a good fold :D It was so tough but I think J on the turn was the card which had improved everything that I still could've beat on the flop.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello koosMaras,

I wouldn't say that you made like super-good fold. He may as well sometimes even bluff there. If he had like FH there, why should he raise it? Only reasonable hand he could shove there is like Jx which is scared of 1card flushdraw. Sometimes if I see the opponent being more passive type then I am even folding it right on the flop but Calling ain't a mistake. But usually I'd also give it up on turn unless I have some good reads.

Best regards.
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Thanks, you showed another viewpoint, I'm about that " why he should shove FH here", though against unknown I guess it would be too risky to call. But I think weak flush also can shove here not only Jx. Since he's unknown I think we can put him on suited connectors.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Interesting hand. You don't often see people check-raise in this spot with Jx do you? Unless they specifically think you're raising preflop with Ax clubs. which isnt THAT big a part of your range. I think he's more likely play Check-call, then lead the turn with Jx just to avoid letting you draw for free.

I'd fold this turn almost always, especially vs unknown.