[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, Nut FD vs. maniac

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain is basically unknown, I have stats of only 7 hands, but the stats are pretty "impressive": 71/71/inf, 3bet 80.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($12.35)
      UTG ($10)
      Hero (MP) ($17.82)
      CO ($18.36)
      Button ($8.05)
      SB ($25.89)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4, A
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, 2 folds, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 8, 3, 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB raises to $5.70, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($13.50) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($13.50) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $13.50, Hero calls $11.12 (All-In)

Total pot: $35.74 | Rake: $2

Results below:
      SB had J, 5 (one pair, threes).
      Hero had 4, A (flush, Ace high).
      Outcome: Hero won $33.74

Preflop: Standart raise, and when I get a 3bet I decide to call since we both are really deep, I have position, and to be honest I was pissed of opponents constantly 3betting me every time I raise with marginal hand :f_biggrin:

Flop: The flop comes pretty dry, and my opponent checks to me. It looks like he decided to give up his AK/AQ that didn't hit, but no - I try to kick him out of the pot and get a fat raise. I quickly run through all the possible options and decide that his move doesn't make much sense. If he has an overpair - he would cbet for sure. Because if he doesn't want me to see turn card very cheaply he wouldn't check as I may check behind. If he has 88 - I don't see him taking this superscary line, the same goes with overpair if he is raising here for value. If he has 3X - well I don't know, that's probably the most real hand he could have here. It looks like I have pretty good implied odds, so I call with an intention to fold to shove on the turn if I don't hit my flush. Well that's a wrong decision, I see that now.

Turn: He checks again and I think - wtf is he representing? I checked behind like I wanted to say "it's OK, you're still the boss in this hand", but now I think it was really bad idea.

River: The river comes blank and he shoves. May look like QQ, but I made a crying call.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Actually it's very problematic on flop to make the Call for the reason that we have to be sure that we get his whole stack on further streets. Meanwhile as you said he is pretty maniac, he could easily do that even with air. And can we be sure that we get a free river card as well? Therefore sometimes I even prefer folding on flop and wait for better spot while being so deep and making such a mistake. Turn and river is pretty standard against that kind of maniac. Rather let him bluff the river and if he doesn't shove yourself.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, it was the flop that caused the most questions for me. Do you think it's pretty common for those maniacs to do such moves with air, or it was more of a rarity and I just got there in the right time?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Yeah, it was the flop that caused the most questions for me. Do you think it's pretty common for those maniacs to do such moves with air, or it was more of a rarity and I just got there in the right time?
      I'd say if I don't really have reads on him then he rather has a hand there and even with reads the Call on flop should be somehow questionable. But when I rather don't have then the rather folding is safer option. We will get his money anyways on later hands when he does spew away his money.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      You're right, although catching up this fish would be a bit problematic since this is Rush, but.. less risk with fishes is +EV as we know :)