Minor Setback

• BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      Hi,

Am having some doubts about myself. I was running pretty good. Built up a normal br. I moved up a limit it was going pretty well, but i started missing flops constantly, getting raised and reraised and running into monster hands. Just for example today, i had straight, dude had set rivered fullhouse. I flop a set, dude flops a straight. And so on. My confidence start to shake a little bit, and i just starting to feel like it depends a lot on luck :/ how should i control myself? I know watching TwiceT play helps me to relax, and seeing him lose some times makes you think that shit happens (i reffer to twicet cuz am playing hu). But is there any other methods?

Thanks!
  • 6 replies
    • KroisosPenno
      KroisosPenno
      Bronze
      Hey,

I also had a good run and had some setbacks like this, i ended up going on tilt however and losing everything just doing stupid things after this. As long as you keep making the right decisions in the long run you will be fine, yeah I think its just unlucky those incidents, just stay off tilt and take a break every now and then. Oh and watch out for those 3 bets :)
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      I'm experiencing the same kinda luck lately. I'm playing well imo, but constant bad beats reduce my profits back down to 0 for the past week. The usual AA cracked by Ax, KK cracked by Ax, etc. It's getting really annoying seeing idiots take my money but i'm trying to remain tilt free! :P

Best of luck.
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      Think i'm going crazy!! First 10 minutes of my session and i'm all in 3 times, getting my money in very good, all 3 times rivered by stupid 4 outers. Been facing a relentless onslaught of bad beats for a week now. Everytime i make any progress i get screwed over.

How can you deal with constant bad beats in all your major pots?

Really beginning to think poker is just luck. X(
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      that means you're in exact same spot as i am :) today i lost 6bi straight... running with pockets to better pockets, or having KKQQAA folding to me when villans calling is like 90%. And when one did call, we fliped me JJ vs AK and ofc he got his king... anyway... gotta say. SUCKS...
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      I don't mind losing AA vs KK or QQ etc, those beats are easy to take. it's when idiots call with nothing and hit everytime.

E.g I have KK, fish calls with 56o and flop comes 234. Standard!

Don't know what it is with my KK, the last 30 times i've had it i'm probably down about 20BI lol. Can't catch a break. :f_mad:
    • aleXXa19
      aleXXa19
      Bronze
      watch the red EV graph at HEM is the best thing not running tilt I think....

you will also realize when things going well you have more luck than EV allows ;)