This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

beginner 6 max questions

• belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      hi i am a new player and i have a question about six max.i played one hour and a half for first time online.my strategy is this raise with broadway cards,at+,all suited connectors,one gap suited connectors,two gap suited connectors.My calling range is the same when the raise is only 3 bb.This strategy seems that it is not right cuz i lost 5 bi.I am looking forward to hear any advice.Thanks in advance.
  • 3 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

There's a chart on this page:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1535/1/

You can use the middle position, late position and blinds from it to get a SH chart, but make the ranges a bit wider... your ranges should be position dependant, in BU you may go up to 50%, tighten up in SB (10-20%, it depends on BB), about 20-25% in CO, a bit tighter in MP3 and MP2. At least that's my understanding. There're some great articles and videos in the silver section of NL BSS at pokerstrategy.com, so if/when you reach the silver status, you will gain access to a lot of 6max material ;) .

SF
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      will this material work?i mean if i start reading them and work in them i ll be a profitable player?sorry for the bad english
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      eventually you will be yes, depending on the limits you play ;) . of course it takes rather little learning to beat NL2 compared to NL200. pokerstrategy can help you become a profitable player if you read/watch enough of the learning material.