beginner 6 max questions

• belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      hi i am a new player and i have a question about six max.i played one hour and a half for first time online.my strategy is this raise with broadway cards,at+,all suited connectors,one gap suited connectors,two gap suited connectors.My calling range is the same when the raise is only 3 bb.This strategy seems that it is not right cuz i lost 5 bi.I am looking forward to hear any advice.Thanks in advance.
  • 3 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

There's a chart on this page:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1535/1/

You can use the middle position, late position and blinds from it to get a SH chart, but make the ranges a bit wider... your ranges should be position dependant, in BU you may go up to 50%, tighten up in SB (10-20%, it depends on BB), about 20-25% in CO, a bit tighter in MP3 and MP2. At least that's my understanding. There're some great articles and videos in the silver section of NL BSS at pokerstrategy.com, so if/when you reach the silver status, you will gain access to a lot of 6max material ;) .

SF
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      will this material work?i mean if i start reading them and work in them i ll be a profitable player?sorry for the bad english
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      eventually you will be yes, depending on the limits you play ;) . of course it takes rather little learning to beat NL2 compared to NL200. pokerstrategy can help you become a profitable player if you read/watch enough of the learning material.