Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $10,15
      Hero:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:heart: , 6:club:
      UTG2 raises to $0,40, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) J:club: , 6:diamond: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0,68, Hero calls $0,68.

Turn: ($2,31) J:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2,31) A:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1,65, Hero raises to $4,00, UTG2 raises to $9,07 (All-In), Hero calls $4,92 (All-In).

Final Pot: $20,30

Should i raise on the turn, or i should slowplay here? What is better in the long run?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Filipstan,

That's kinda close, I often times like to just bet there for the reason that we are trying to build up the pot and he could even have the Jx. Otherwise I'd just shove over his bet on river to get maximum value, although it's kinda close taking account his WTS, so overall your raise is reasonable and I don't think that I can get away from this hand. He had AJ?

Best regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Betting the turn is better because we get control of the pot and also build it. Sure we have the nuts but on the river he might just c/fold. I prefer betting on turn because overpairs call us and AJ probably reraises us and we might get it in already on the turn.

When passive player shoves like that you say to yourself: "not AJ (AA)...but I have to call"
    • Filipstan
      Filipstan
      Global
      AA unfortunatly:(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Filipstan
      AA unfortunatly:(
      But yes, we can't really find a fold there, we just getting too good odds. And time to time he might even have a worse holding there. Although when we take account his WTS & W$SD sometimes it might be even considerable. Since he wont shove there with just trips.