[NL2-NL10] NL4 99 on SB

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I think pocket nines are too strong to just limp behind ? Or not ? Would be calling better option in this situation ?

On the flop I made my cbet, but against raise I think it's clear fold.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $6.33
      MP2:
      $1.32
      MP3:
      $1.28
      CO:
      $6.73
      BU:
      $4.25
      SB (Hero):
      $5.01
      BB:
      $1.22

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9.
      3 folds, CO calls $0.04, BU calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.28, BB folds, CO calls $0.24, BU calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.88) 3, 4, A (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.52, CO raises to $1.04, BU folds, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.4.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Yeah, I like the iso-raise here. And definitely they are too strong to limp.
      Postflop: But I don't really like the CBet here into multiway pot. Rather just give it up. They wont continue anyways with a lot worse here and if they don't have any kind of hand they are anyways willing to Check it.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Yeah, I like the iso-raise here. And definitely they are too strong to limp.
      Postflop: But I don't really like the CBet here into multiway pot. Rather just give it up. They wont continue anyways with a lot worse here and if they don't have any kind of hand they are anyways willing to Check it.

Best regards.
      Ok, can you give me some examples on which kind of flops I could make a cbet ? I mean flops on which I won't hit a set. Flops where I have overpair ? Flops with no overcards. Paired flops ? Could be ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      Ok, can you give me some examples on which kind of flops I could make a cbet ? I mean flops on which I won't hit a set. Flops where I have overpair ? Flops with no overcards. Paired flops ? Could be ?
      Yeah, rather such flops where you have overpair or like paired board as you mentioned. Those kind of flops are very good. The best ones are those where you just have overpair and often times this is the flop you want to hit or of course a set. Sometimes you might as well even consider CBetting with OESD or something similar.