[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Jq Sb

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I 3bet on flop here cause I think I cannot just call because of this FD. And I think that hand KQ or AQ would definitely raise me preflop (especially in battle of blinds). Only think that beats me and is possible is set, but still - there is a FD and I should protect my TP.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $2.08
      CO:
      $2.73
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB (Hero):
      $1.98
      BB:
      $1.98
      MP1:
      $2.05
      MP2:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, Q.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) Q, 4, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, BB raises to $0.24, Hero raises to $0.80, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.4.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: I don't think that AQ and KQ or whatsoever would always raise you. I do play as well sometimes on BB with just Call with those hands.
      Postflop: I guess I'd rather just Call it and reevaluate on further streets since I don't really want to play for stacks. Our hand ain't that strong.

Best regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I agree raising on flop is risky here because if you get reraised you're most of the time behind. Or he's getting two free cards to draw on you.

How would the continuation of the hand go then? Let's say T :club: comes. We bet and if he calls we think about checking the river? Or rather bet/folding?

If harmless under card comes is check/raising an option or rather betting first?

What about K :diamond: ? Check-call is the usual line right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      How would the continuation of the hand go then? Let's say T comes. We bet and if he calls we think about checking the river? Or rather bet/folding?

I wouldn't say that I am like always Bet/Folding there. To avoid get raised again I might even consider Check/Call while we still have outs for straight and so on.

If harmless under card comes is check/raising an option or rather betting first?

You mean Check/Raise the turn or river? If river then unless we hit really big I don't really like Check/Raise with just TP, we don't get really Called from a lot worse.

What about K Diamond ? Check-call is the usual line right?

If we have straight? Then we might even consider Check/Raise if we can't get his whole stack or just ship it yourself on river. Or you mean on turn K?