[NL2-NL10] nl2 AQ blinds battle

• shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Hand after wich i recieved such amount of "RETARD" than i started to believe im :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (2 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $4.29
      BB (Hero):
      $5.54

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, SB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.48) 5, Q, 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.28) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.68, Hero calls $0.68.

River: ($2.64) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.97, Hero calls $2.97.

Final Pot: $8.58.
  • 5 replies
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      And why i called river? Well, that betting size on turn kinda looked like very weak. And his betting size on flop doesn't look like he have flush draw either.... (inluding preflop reraise)
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      At least you could make some note about him after this hand. That's something.

This hand is so much more difficult because you're both so deep.

Flop: Calling here is the best play, since you don't have informations about him.

Turn: I prefer raising - 2,5x
      Two reasons:
      1. he might fold his flush draw since you showed strength.
      2. you get the initiative and if ugly river hits he's gonna check to you with intention of check/raising you. (and if he bet/calls the turn and bets river, you're mostly behind)

River: He told you nice story. On flop:I'm drawing. On turn: I'm drawing (or I want to keep you in the pot). River: I missed the value on the turn and so I want you to pay me now. :)

What did he have - 63? :evil:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello shivas80,

Preflop: As I understand it was a limp/raise? Kinda close, sometimes I even fold it if I see him going more kinda nitty guy and who doesn't limp/Raise that often. Just those kind of players are often times very strong like KK+.

As played
      Flop: Rather call for pot control, while we are so deep.
      Turn: I'd as well rather prefer Calling here for the same reason that we are so deep, and he could easily be trapping us with hand like KK+. When he has the draw then let it be, I don't think that raising does make much sense, he will likely Call with it anyways.
      River: I guess I'd just make the crying fold here, unless I know the opponent better. He is just representing a very strong hand here with his over-bet more often than a bluff. What did he have then?

Best regards.
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Well, about folding on river... yes for a moment i had that idea too, but then... i folded some straights into him already after river shoves... when board was ugly, and i have seen this shove allin on river move quite often from him... that made me believe its not allways nutz.

He show AKo, and starts crying how ffs i can call him with top pair :)

Well, nice to see i played it well, and river call was bazed more on reads than anything else.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by shivas80
      Well, about folding on river... yes for a moment i had that idea too, but then... i folded some straights into him already after river shoves... when board was ugly, and i have seen this shove allin on river move quite often from him... that made me believe its not allways nutz.

He show AKo, and starts crying how ffs i can call him with top pair :)

Well, nice to see i played it well, and river call was bazed more on reads than anything else.
      Then do mention that also when you post the hand. We can't imagine him being the same opponent as you saying he is. :D Against him we could even sometimes consider doing the Call but vs unknown I don't like it. Hopefully you get the point.