[NL2-NL10] nl2 99

• shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Not happy how i played it... but that call on flop was so tempting to maybe involve some more calls behind...

And shove on river was in hope he hit that draw :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.61
      BB:
      $3.07
      MP3:
      $2.03
      CO:
      $6.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.15

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.32) 8, 3, 9 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, SB calls $0.08, BB calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.64) Q (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.26, SB calls $0.26, BB folds, CO folds.

River: ($1.24) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.24.
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      You're right this kind of flop is tempting but I think we should avoid this kind of "tricky" play because if there are 3 more players somebody may have JT and then we really hate turn like this.

Preflop: I would raise 5bb.

Flop: Raise 3x, you'll get at least one caller on this level and also you don't want to play against many opponents.

Turn: I really don't like your turn play. You're raising him but his block bet worked because he still has to pay only 1/2 pot to draw on you. Also if sb calls in many cases co will also call. I would raise more - at least 2/3 of the pot or 40c.

River: I don't like it. You've been representing hand from the start. Why would anyone think you're bluffing? Rather value bet 1/2 pot and be pay out with any Q. If you wished he hit with his JT he would raise you anyhow if you bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello shivas80,

Preflop: Since there is a limper you could even do it ~$0,10.
      Flop: While it's so smallish bet and sometimes even could be a block-bet for draw. Then I'd just start raising it up here and starting to build up the pot. I'd raise to $0,40.
      Turn: Rather make a normal raise ~$0,70 to make it even easier to shove on river. With such a small raise you just giving him the perfect odds to Call.

As played
      River: Ship it, he will anyways fold if he doesn't have a hand. And he likely did have the draw here. And he still could be calling with 8x or whatsoever.

Best regards.