This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 99

• shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Not happy how i played it... but that call on flop was so tempting to maybe involve some more calls behind...

And shove on river was in hope he hit that draw :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.61
      BB:
      $3.07
      MP3:
      $2.03
      CO:
      $6.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.15

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.32) 8, 3, 9 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, SB calls $0.08, BB calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.64) Q (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.26, SB calls $0.26, BB folds, CO folds.

River: ($1.24) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.24.
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      You're right this kind of flop is tempting but I think we should avoid this kind of "tricky" play because if there are 3 more players somebody may have JT and then we really hate turn like this.

Preflop: I would raise 5bb.

Flop: Raise 3x, you'll get at least one caller on this level and also you don't want to play against many opponents.

Turn: I really don't like your turn play. You're raising him but his block bet worked because he still has to pay only 1/2 pot to draw on you. Also if sb calls in many cases co will also call. I would raise more - at least 2/3 of the pot or 40c.

River: I don't like it. You've been representing hand from the start. Why would anyone think you're bluffing? Rather value bet 1/2 pot and be pay out with any Q. If you wished he hit with his JT he would raise you anyhow if you bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello shivas80,

Preflop: Since there is a limper you could even do it ~$0,10.
      Flop: While it's so smallish bet and sometimes even could be a block-bet for draw. Then I'd just start raising it up here and starting to build up the pot. I'd raise to $0,40.
      Turn: Rather make a normal raise ~$0,70 to make it even easier to shove on river. With such a small raise you just giving him the perfect odds to Call.

As played
      River: Ship it, he will anyways fold if he doesn't have a hand. And he likely did have the draw here. And he still could be calling with 8x or whatsoever.

Best regards.