[NL2-NL10] QQ nl2

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey.

Wasn't sure about this hand, I folded it for 2 reasons. 1 was that a few hands before he played AK all the way to the end with absolutely nothing on the board for him, so I was always worried about an ace, and when it came up on the river, it just made me think that he had hit it now, since I presumed he would have something like AT+. (I had made a note about him playing the AK right to the end)

Also, i'm finding it hard to get back to $0 (down atm), so was scared of calling and going either further down. Is this something I shouldn't be thinking about, and should be calling those that could give profit like this?

This hand really made me angry because of how I think he played something stupid like ax to the end.

Thank you!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $0.91
      MP3:
      $3.01
      CO:
      $1.77
      BU:
      $2.83
      SB:
      $0.75
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $2.94
      UTG2:
      $1.94
      MP1:
      $1.84

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.08, UTG2 calls $0.08, 7 folds, 6 folds, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 4, 9, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, UTG2 calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.43) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, UTG2 calls $0.22.

River: ($0.87) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.82, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.87.
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop and flop play is ok.

If you put him on AT then you should bet more on turn. Don't worry about flushdraw in this situation and if you think he's drawing you should charge him big and give him bad odds. Your 1/2 pot bet on turn I really don't like. You're giving him a chance to float you because this kind of bet looks quite weak.

I would bet 3/4 on turn. If he calls, he's probably not drawing and has something. (pot is $1)

River is ugly but bet (3/5 pot bet) /fold would be an option.
      (considering your notes -> check-call would be better option, if he doesn't bet so much).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

If he is somewhat fishy player just bet it bigger and as you said he is even capable of calling you down with AK there. Then flop bet would be $0,14 and turn bet as well bigger ~$0,30 or even a bit bigger. And river option if you feel like he can still bluff you, you can block-bet like $0,30 and fold to the raise. But with given your reads I'd definitely as well Check/Fold there and those players aren't bluffy enough on those limits. Likely made a good fold vs his pot size bet, which indicates usually a very good hand.

Also, i'm finding it hard to get back to $0 (down atm), so was scared of calling and going either further down. Is this something I shouldn't be thinking about, and should be calling those that could give profit like this?

Trust me, everyone is running sometimes bad and having losing sessions. Sometimes they might even take longer than you can imagine and you start feeling like "oh damn, I can't play anymore and so on". But meanwhile take the maximum of the loosing sessions and try to fix your leaks, that's the best thing what you could take from it. Try posting hands and discussing them and while you fix your leaks, the winrate will also increase and you will come back up with no time. :) Everyone can have such break-even lines and definitely it will happen to everyone. That doesn't mean that you can't play poker. :) Good luck on tables!

Best regards.