Boss $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

BB: $10.75
      UTG: $51.65
      Hero (CO): $50.00
      BTN: $113.18
      SB: $9.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with T :diamond: T :spade:
      UTG raises to $1.43, Hero calls $1.43, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.61) 6 :diamond: 2 :heart: Q :spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

Turn: ($9.01) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $6.75, Hero calls $6.75

River: ($22.51) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $12.00, Hero folds

UTG (VPIP/PFR/flopCB/turnCB/AF/WtSD/Hands): 29/23/80/83/3,4/30/373

Preflop i just coldcalled not to isolate myself vs the better hands of his range. One of my reads on UTG was that i saw him 2barrel with unimproved AK before, but it was only one time... Is it good to call 2 streets based on that, and fold to the river bet?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      calling flop and turn and then fold river is quite exploitable, so I don´t really like that line. You can call him down thinking he´d barrel blindly there AK/AJ or random air. Other option would be take control on the flop and maybe raise that you don´t have to call him down.
      Ofcourse if his turn barreling range isn´t that wide you can also find folding on the turn
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Thank you, just one more thing, you wrote that raising the flop would be an option, it would be a raise/fold then?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Given that you play vs a fairly aggressive guy if I call the turn I call most rivers. This river is a bit tricky because it brings the backdoor flush draw and if villain is any good a part of his barreling range on the turn will include these hands.

On the river I see him v-betting a Qx and a flush. I doubt he bets the turn with many 2nd/3rd pair type hands so turning them into a bluff on the river (or having many 6x hands) is not very likely.

I also don't like the flop raise because you don't rep much at all. If I want to raise this hand at some point it would be the turn. A raise on the turn looks a lot stronger and you have the chance to fold a few better hands (Qx). Although my default versus aggro guys is to call down 3 streets with decent bluffcatchers on decent boards.

One other thing to keep in mind is that on the river you roughly have to call 1/2 pot which requires you to be good ~25% of the time. So that means villain only has to bluff 1 in 4 for you to break even.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Thank you, just one more thing, you wrote that raising the flop would be an option, it would be a raise/fold then?
      yes. Raise/fold would be the best option, unless you think player can 3bet bluff then it is better just call him down