This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Tt

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Boss $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

BB: $10.75
      UTG: $51.65
      Hero (CO): $50.00
      BTN: $113.18
      SB: $9.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with T :diamond: T :spade:
      UTG raises to $1.43, Hero calls $1.43, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.61) 6 :diamond: 2 :heart: Q :spade: (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

Turn: ($9.01) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $6.75, Hero calls $6.75

River: ($22.51) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $12.00, Hero folds

UTG (VPIP/PFR/flopCB/turnCB/AF/WtSD/Hands): 29/23/80/83/3,4/30/373

Preflop i just coldcalled not to isolate myself vs the better hands of his range. One of my reads on UTG was that i saw him 2barrel with unimproved AK before, but it was only one time... Is it good to call 2 streets based on that, and fold to the river bet?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      calling flop and turn and then fold river is quite exploitable, so I don´t really like that line. You can call him down thinking he´d barrel blindly there AK/AJ or random air. Other option would be take control on the flop and maybe raise that you don´t have to call him down.
      Ofcourse if his turn barreling range isn´t that wide you can also find folding on the turn
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Thank you, just one more thing, you wrote that raising the flop would be an option, it would be a raise/fold then?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Given that you play vs a fairly aggressive guy if I call the turn I call most rivers. This river is a bit tricky because it brings the backdoor flush draw and if villain is any good a part of his barreling range on the turn will include these hands.

On the river I see him v-betting a Qx and a flush. I doubt he bets the turn with many 2nd/3rd pair type hands so turning them into a bluff on the river (or having many 6x hands) is not very likely.

I also don't like the flop raise because you don't rep much at all. If I want to raise this hand at some point it would be the turn. A raise on the turn looks a lot stronger and you have the chance to fold a few better hands (Qx). Although my default versus aggro guys is to call down 3 streets with decent bluffcatchers on decent boards.

One other thing to keep in mind is that on the river you roughly have to call 1/2 pot which requires you to be good ~25% of the time. So that means villain only has to bluff 1 in 4 for you to break even.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pcfmcc02
      Thank you, just one more thing, you wrote that raising the flop would be an option, it would be a raise/fold then?
      yes. Raise/fold would be the best option, unless you think player can 3bet bluff then it is better just call him down