This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 FR [RUSH] AA utg vs 3b

• vonki
      vonki
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      9 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG giantswell ($24.34)
      UTG+1 Hero ($31.62)
      MP1 FancyLady001 ($67.18)
      MP2 rabarberdeg ($15.60)
      MP3 Odin30 ($32.32)
      CO Albert Moody ($25.10)
      BTN DaBluffMaker ($9.55)
      SB Dualist ($31.53)
      BB Villa17 ($10.25)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 9 players) Hero is UTG+1 A:diamond: A:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, rabarberdeg raises to $2.90, 5 folds, Hero goes all-in $31.62

Villain is playing 13/11 with a 3b of 5% (56 scenarios over 161 hands)

When he 3bets me when I am UTG I am assuming, with his raisesize and his stacksize that he is willing to go broke and then he won't/shouldn't 3b/fold vs me when I am UTG even though I am opening about 9% (maybe more) in UTG. What is the best way to play the hand and why? Will he ever 3b/fold? If he is what hands would he do it with? Does he actually have a good reason to do so?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      he may 3b smt like AQ that he would fold to shove, so I don´t really like shoving there.
      I´d rather like him calling or shoving himself, so I´d make it 6.3$ and let him shove with his whole range
      I like 3-betting to get him all-in his whole value range, if you think he is bluffing then call pf is also fine and playing postflop

Will he ever 3b/fold? If he is what hands would he do it with? Does he actually have a good reason to do so?
      - sometimes you see players 3b/folding and since they are folding you can´t really know what they hold :) . I think most hands are AQ/AJ that think they are now behind and don´t want to get all-in and reason why he should 3b/fold or 3b bluff at the first place can be a lot. most of them are, that he would just want to make plays against other players thinking he has a lot of fold equity