I'm starting a blog. Me and my delusions of grandeur :)

• LewwyJ
      I want to start a blog.

Blogging seems to be the first thing I ever heard happen on the internet. And I vowed o never blog, because I saw no point in it :)

Now I see a point to it, I'm more than happy to blog to my hearts content.

I want to blog, mainly to keep myself amused in the things I love, Poker, and the net :)

I'll tell you about myself shall i?

I'm 21, I recently became unemployed, and my dad said theworst thing to do was play poker, so naturally, I took up poker :) It's nothing serious, I just love the way it takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master.

I currently live with my girlfriend and we are very happy, she is also on this site, but will probably stick to playing more than using these forums.

I mainly like to play Sng, or small MTT, I enjoy big tournaments but I never fare too well, especially with the GF nagging in my ear :(

I consider my self to be quite good at poker, and blame the cards, and donkers, but if I'm honest I know there are many holes to my game, and I'm striving to improve them. Though I am still quite a good player.

I need some help picking some goals atm, and my current bankrol is $50 after making a deposit after losing my first pokerstrategy bankroll.

Any ideas of goals?

All help is greatly appreciated, and usually with a speedy reply.

(I now have a job btw)
  • 4 replies
    • DreamCatch
      goal 1. dont lose the $50
      goal 2 grind
      goal 3 have fun

if I would be you I would start at the lowest stakes at rush and grind it up.
      if you are new to poker it can help you to learn to be tight and stil dont get bored :D
    • LewwyJ
      Go onto rush poker you say?

Tbh I'm not a fan of that, it feels like it's only monsters that play, so it's more of a bingo in my opinion, maybe when I get a little higher up.

Hopingto grind micro for now, maybe cop a few freeroll wins for a boost :)
    • FaulV16ke
      ...well I would say rush isn't very good for a beginner... with 50$ you have only 10BIs and losing 10BIs in one day is really possible on rush.... I would focus on normal tables... these tables actually allow you to learn some serious poker without HUD, you can learn stuff about getting value from hands, tables aren't nitty at all and you can play NL2 - this means 25BI bankroll which is a must when you want to be serious about poker...
    • figeljfigelj
      I would recomend you to start grinding at NL2 grind some cash and start playing NL5. Grow your bankroll to comfortably start playing $5 SnG`s because IMO at lower SnG`s rake kills most of the people.