[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, QQ vs. likely AA

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 20/17/2.0 during 30 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($17.99)
      BB ($10.81)
      UTG ($10.75)
      MP ($4.70)
      CO ($9.73)
      Button ($10.26)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
      2 folds, CO bets $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, CO raises to $1.75, Hero calls $0.90

Flop: ($3.60) 5, 3, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.70, Hero ???

It's a nasty spot. I didn't like his tiny 4bet at all because that basically means he has AA, or is bluffing with air. Are there enough fold equity to justify the shove? I didn't think so, so I called.
      No overcards on the flop and he continues his attack. I guess that's the kind of flop I've been waiting for with QQ, so should I go broke here? I have some fold equity if he has air or AK, also there is tiny possibility he might go broke with AJ.
      How should I play this hand preflop and on flop?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Depends a lot on your previous actions. Have you been 3betting him early hands? Or have any kind of fights against him. If it's somewhat 1st fight vs him then it's kinda close. I just see often being the AA there when he min-raises there this way. Therefore it's kinda close on flop, but I guess I'd still not fold there, likely just call one streets and reevaluate on turn. The problem with shove on flop is that we will likely just make bluffing hands to fold and only better hands will continue. And of course there aren't that many combos which we easily bet and are far ahead.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Nah it's the first time I meet him in raising war. I called 4bet pre because I was "looking for a reason to fold QQ" as I call this type of action.
      If we call his bet on the flop the pot becomes 7$. If he continues betting small-ish, like 30-40% pot size I have really hard time, because I kinda can't fold and if I call I guess I'm commited on the river.
      I shoved the flop, using fold equity as my excuse, and he actually had AA.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Nah it's the first time I meet him in raising war. I called 4bet pre because I was "looking for a reason to fold QQ" as I call this type of action.
      If we call his bet on the flop the pot becomes 7$. If he continues betting small-ish, like 30-40% pot size I have really hard time, because I kinda can't fold and if I call I guess I'm commited on the river.
      I shoved the flop, using fold equity as my excuse, and he actually had AA.
      As I said, we Check/Raise we make fold those hands from who we might get value from later streets but meanwhile we don't get any when we make them fold. And when he does continue here, he will very likely have a strong hand.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      What hands can we get value from? You talk about similar scenario like we call the flop, check/check the turn, we bet the river, and he calls with worse?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What hands can we get value from? You talk about similar scenario like we call the flop, check/check the turn, we bet the river, and he calls with worse?
      Why not? And we also take pot control line vs way ahead way behind situation.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well that seems pretty reasonable. And the last question. Lets say we call the flop, check/check the turn, wouldn't it be better to check/call small river bet, fold to big one? By betting the river we might kick out all his bluffs..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well that seems pretty reasonable. And the last question. Lets say we call the flop, check/check the turn, wouldn't it be better to check/call small river bet, fold to big one? By betting the river we might kick out all his bluffs..
      I'd block-bet or something similar myself on river but of course it depends also a lot on the card. For example an Ace comes on river and he bets big, then I'd rather fold.