[NL2-NL10] AA vs flush

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey,

was wondering if this was the right play to do. I thought with that raise he probably had flushed, but i only needed 1 card for the nut flush, and had about 8 outs then?

Should I have just called or was I right to shove?

Thanks as always

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $2.00
      BU:
      $2.02
      SB:
      $0.35
      BB:
      $2.82
      MP2:
      $1.47
      MP3:
      $2.01

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04, MP2 calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.24) J, 8, 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.12, Hero raises to $1.94(All-In), SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls $1.29(All-In).

Turn: ($3.59) J (2 players)

River: ($3.59) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.59.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(A A).
      MP2 shows a flush, jack high(T 5).

MP2 wins with a flush, jack high(T 5).
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Against three opponents postflop play in this situation is much harder especially on this kind of flop. I would call the flop and reevaluate on turn. Another J is very ugly card since not only T9 and flushes are better than you but also any J.
      Avoid this kind of spots and play straightforward.

Preflop: Raise 5bb preflop if you have limper in front of you - 10c. You'll probably have fewer opponents and your rockets will hold more likely. In most of the times sb in bb fold so you're hu against mp. You still c-bet this kind of flop and I'm going broke here if he reraises me. Difference between mp range and sb/bb is quite different and also you do have overpair + nutFD.

Quite misplayed hand but don't worry it happens. Play AA like any other strong cards, don't slowplay them or invite many people in.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Just ask yourself, what worse hands will Call your shove there in such a multiway pot? A Jx, I don't think so, rather will fold to such a shove. Rather just Call it and hope hit your nut-flush. And of course the main point is preflop raise which is too small should be at least ~$0,10.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thanks man,

I realised that's something I'm not doing all that often; thinking if I go all in here, who else will call? Only someone with a flush will call, or maybe a set but that's not likely. I think if I keep that in mind more, it could save me a pretty penny or two.