This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA vs flush

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey,

was wondering if this was the right play to do. I thought with that raise he probably had flushed, but i only needed 1 card for the nut flush, and had about 8 outs then?

Should I have just called or was I right to shove?

Thanks as always

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $2.00
      BU:
      $2.02
      SB:
      $0.35
      BB:
      $2.82
      MP2:
      $1.47
      MP3:
      $2.01

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04, MP2 calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.24) J, 8, 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.12, Hero raises to $1.94(All-In), SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls $1.29(All-In).

Turn: ($3.59) J (2 players)

River: ($3.59) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.59.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks(A A).
      MP2 shows a flush, jack high(T 5).

MP2 wins with a flush, jack high(T 5).
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Against three opponents postflop play in this situation is much harder especially on this kind of flop. I would call the flop and reevaluate on turn. Another J is very ugly card since not only T9 and flushes are better than you but also any J.
      Avoid this kind of spots and play straightforward.

Preflop: Raise 5bb preflop if you have limper in front of you - 10c. You'll probably have fewer opponents and your rockets will hold more likely. In most of the times sb in bb fold so you're hu against mp. You still c-bet this kind of flop and I'm going broke here if he reraises me. Difference between mp range and sb/bb is quite different and also you do have overpair + nutFD.

Quite misplayed hand but don't worry it happens. Play AA like any other strong cards, don't slowplay them or invite many people in.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Just ask yourself, what worse hands will Call your shove there in such a multiway pot? A Jx, I don't think so, rather will fold to such a shove. Rather just Call it and hope hit your nut-flush. And of course the main point is preflop raise which is too small should be at least ~$0,10.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thanks man,

I realised that's something I'm not doing all that often; thinking if I go all in here, who else will call? Only someone with a flush will call, or maybe a set but that's not likely. I think if I keep that in mind more, it could save me a pretty penny or two.