MP1 ($6.64)
      MP2 ($10.39)
      CO ($4.09)
      Button ($33.05)
      Hero (SB) ($10)
      BB ($3.27)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10:club: , 10:diamond:
      4 folds, CO bets $0.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.15, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.50) 10:spade: , 3:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.80, CO raises to $3.89 (All-In), Hero calls $2.99

Turn: ($8.08) 3:spade: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($8.08) 4:heart: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $8.08 | Rake: $0.35

My plan is to check/call normal size contibet, but since he just minbets, I think I have to raise it up. Easy call when he shoved. Of course he has 3.
  • 4 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: You should raise him and not let him stay in the pot so cheaply.

Flop: Agree about calling normal c-bet (with intention of c/r turn). When he donks, raising is a must.

Good play, it happens.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian

If his stack was just a bit smaller like $3.00 I would raise him and call a shove, and if it was a bit bigger like $5.00 I'm never raising because if he shoves I have to puke. I guess this is a borderline for me, and I think calling here keeps variance smaller. But maybe I'm completly wrong about this.

Good play, it happens.
      A bit too much laltely :f_cry:
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian

If his stack was just a bit smaller like $3.00 I would raise him and call a shove, and if it was a bit bigger like $5.00 I'm never raising because if he shoves I have to puke. I guess this is a borderline for me, and I think calling here keeps variance smaller. But maybe I'm completly wrong about this.

With raising preflop you get the initiative which would be important for almost any other flop. Set mining with TT in this position is not correct play in my opinion because almost any flop you have to c/f.

If he shoves preflop and you don't have reads on him, you have to fold and make a note, that he minibets and after 3bet, he 4bet-shoves for 50bb. Next time you'll have that info and will play more cautiosly against him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

Preflop: Against that kind of stack I'd just 3bet and get it in.

As played
      Postflop: Seems to be fine when he shoves we have an easy Call. :D But just unlucky turn. :/ Those kind of situations really are crappy in poker when you get those ind of beats. And they will happen to everyone of us.

Best regards.