Sickest NL25 SH session ever

• Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I don't like to complain about bad beats and when i do i usualy post them in a blog and don't bother people with it :D But the session i just played was sick beyond words. At the table there was 1 very loose agressive and very spewy guy who would suddenly shove preflop as much as 6 hands in a row every once in a while. Usualy for no apparant reason and his hand range seemed to be "I'm feeling lucky with this hand". For example shoving 600BB preflop with J6 offsuit with no action before that. I will call him "Mark".
      Some pics of that session below. And some info about the session below that.

The graph. 1tabling NL25 SH. a bit more then 2 hours played.

I was running quite badly from the start. and was already down 84 BB at hand 25 running 204 BB under EV. I tried to play as many hands as i could with Mark and called his all ins very lightly.

in hands 25-50 i started running into alot of coolers and setups. i had lost 746 BB over 7 Buyins. Running almost 3BI under ev And i have to admit i was steaming worse then Phil Helmuth in the wsop 2009 main event at this point.

hand 50 I just snapcalled on tilt with Q3 after Mark went all in and a LAG player called. To be fair Q3 doesn't do that bad against Mark's range. Somehow i won the hand up against AJ and J8 (Mark). Losing all in after all in when crushing the other player and then being rewarded for the worst play i made this year was pretty funny to me. I called Mark's preflop all ins another 3 times in the next 7 hands winning every one of them(I did have good hands however). The biggest pot i won was 1030 BB

During hand 92 is really where it was getting quite rediculous. I made the screenshot above a few hands before that.
      I was actualy pretty scared to play with Mark because he doubled up a few times from $60 to $300 in the last 20 hands or so. Sitting with a 12BI stacked however i don't really want to call any all in without QQ+ preflop against him. Preflop was a bit dissapointing.. he checks i cbet a bit weak. If i see it now i should have cbet more especially cause of very draw heavy board. I just don't know what to do at this point. His range is pretty much anything he could have Jx, Qx, 2 pair, trips and a ton of draws. Yet i didn't snapcall, i didn't want to make the call cause it was so much money. But i knew i simply couldn't fold since the chance i was beat here was very small.

$577 pot = 2308 big blinds = 23 Buyins

$0.10/$0.25 Ante $0.05 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      6 Players
      Stacks:
      Mark ($289.44)
      UTG+1 ($74.93)
      CO ($64.10)
      Hero ($339.31)
      SB ($172.81)
      BB ($173.13)

Pre-Flop: ($0.65, 6 players) Hero is BTN A:heart: A:diamond:
      Mark raises to $2.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $7.75, 2 folds, Mark calls $5

Flop: J:diamond: Q:heart: 4:heart: ($16.15, 2 players)
      Mark checks, Hero bets $9, Mark goes all-in $281.64, Hero calls $272.64

Turn: 9:club: ($579.43, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 9:diamond: ($579.43, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $579.43
      Hero shows two pair, Aces and Nines
      A:heart: A:diamond:
      Mark shows three of a kind, Nines
      9:spade: 10:diamond:

Mark wins $577.43 (net +$287.99)

Hero lost $289.44

Summary:
      127 hands of NL25 singletabling.
      Biggest pot won: 515 BB
      Biggest pot lost: 2308 BB
      profit: -$191 = -764 BB = more then 7 Buyins lost
      bb/100: -601
      expected value profit: $123 = almost 5 Buyins
      12 buyins under EV = running 10BB under EV every hand that session.
      Biggest swings: 1200 BB
      Pots played over 100BB: 25
      Pots played over 200BB: 13
      Pots played over 500BB: 7

So the next time your down 10 Buyins in thousands of hands. Visit this thread and think "It could be worse, I could be this guy :D ". with a big smile on your face.
  • 7 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      sick analyzes :D
    • Donkey111
      Donkey111
      Bronze
      Epic!
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      wow i just had another look... I kinda havent looked properly for the first time =)

This is some sick shit sir! 2300bb pot thats.. wow.. some sick suckout.. I think i wouldnt play poker in a week after this..

Good luck recovering man!
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      partypoker needs deep stack tables
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      wow i just had another look... I kinda havent looked properly for the first time =)

This is some sick shit sir! 2300bb pot thats.. wow.. some sick suckout.. I think i wouldnt play poker in a week after this..

Good luck recovering man!
      haha. yeah it's pretty rediculous. Very tough to call there especially considering my br has never been over $250. and i had like $30 left behind when i had $300 at the table.. But i guess that's probably what makes me different then most. pretty proud that i kept playing good and kept my cool when i rebought with $25 after that hand.. although that was probably not a good idea brm wise (even though playing cash with 10bi is bad brm anyway). i still felt i had a big edge on the table.

But i've decided my cash game experiment was fun while it lasted. i feel like i've made alot of progress last 3-4 months though. So i'm back to grinding headsup sng's and it's been going pretty well so far. Will try to keep grinding them alot this and next week and if i show good results after about a 100 of them (about 25 hours of hu). i will probably make new blog :D
    • tiltpokernow
      tiltpokernow
      Bronze
      lol nice
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Reckon I would need AA in my hand and a flop reading AA5 before I called a 17 times pot shove on the flop...

Nevertheless, I sympathise.