FTP acc banned for no reason

• matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi,
      I encountered a very wierd situation yesterday. A good friend of mine started playing poker with PS starting capital, but he wasnt getting rakeback so I suggested that I will send him some money through moneybookers so he can deposit and start getting rakeback. I sent him some money he deposited and then wanted to send that money to my FTP acc. He got an error multiple times doing this. Than he found out that his adress on moneybookers was [street04] and on ftp it was [street4] without the zero. So he changed the adress on ftp to [street04]. He sent me the money after this and there was no error at first. After like 15mins he got the money back and his account was closed right after this. First he recieved an email telling that he had multiple account with wierd account names he never created(wtf?????). 5 minutes later he recieved an email that the last email was an error in their system and he should ignore it, also that they are requesting him to verify his adress and personal details, and that his FTP acc is closed until then.

I think it is a shame for FTP, if this happend to me I would tell everyone to go to stars or party. Does FTP have the right to do this? Like can they ban your account any time they want just for fun? I dont understand this and I am pretty fed up with them, not even explaining why the account got banned and if they will unban it after the verification of his details. He send him an email with all the things needed and he didnt get any reply yet.

Has anyone encountered something simiular? Is his acc going to get unbaned after the ID check? Thank you for any help
  • 23 replies
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      [ ] account closedfor no reason
      [x] ftp has the right to do this
      [x] just send the correct address and they will unban it IF he is legit
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Matsuko

FTP is very strict about security and if they have any suspicion, they will suspend the account and block any transaction. If your friend has indeed done nothing wrong, he should explain the situation as openly as possible and in a calmly manner. Ranting and being abusive generally do not help.

At the end of the day FT is doing it for our protection.

[x] explain the situation thoroughly, without withholding information
      [x] provide Fulltilt with any information they require
      [x] Be patient
      [x] Do not give up ( if you have not done anything wrong, ask and ask again for them to look in to your case.
      [x] Hope for the best

If worst come to worst, ask them to let you withdraw your money.

Kind regards

Thazar
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi thanks for your reply. Is anything I mentioned against their rules? I mean depositing and sending the deposited money to a another user right off the bat?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Dont think so, although you might have to clear some FTP's before sending the money, I ain't sure.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matusko
      Hi thanks for your reply. Is anything I mentioned against their rules? I mean depositing and sending the deposited money to a another user right off the bat?
      I do that all time when i stake somone i deposit and insta send it to them, have allways worked for me
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      then I have no idea what problem they have :(
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      my guess would be that becuase he received a 'gift' from another player who lives near by (on day one of his account) AND changed his address, it would have triggered something that made them require an ID check (eg. you could put a different name with a fake address to create a second account and then change the address after being accepted so you can receive money). Just give them the ID and they will sort it out
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      ok that could be it since we live 30km from each other.
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      I also have a story about FTP support team. I really hate them, why?

In summer, I had asked them whether it is possible to change the nickname, and they reply that of course not, because it's not fair to others. Okay no problem I understand.
      After 3 months they BAN my acc because of nick, and says that I have to think other nickname, because this one is very impolite. They ban me 1day just before I had finished the IRONMAN status, I was banned all rush week, which I was waitting so long , and + they take away opportunity to receive rakeback.+ i had lost 100$ in midyear bonus, because 1months of iron cost 100$.
      thanks to them I lost about $250 + Profit what I would have probably won.
      I had played there more than 1years with that nickname and then they suddenly ban me
      And they spend more than 8 days to change my nickname, but in fact it took them about 5min.

They arent interested in people time they just dont give a sht about costumers..

All what they said was ""we are sorry"
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BLOWMEBABE
      In summer, I had asked them whether it is possible to change the nickname, and they reply that of course not, because it's not fair to others.
      When you asked if it is possible to change it, did you you mention that your nickname was 'impolite'?
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      about FT support i have some stories too..
      1. I remember about a year ago my PC had a rootkit and I instantly wrote them a mail to suspend the account and dont let anyone use it till I say so, ok they did it instantly (tho fist I excluded myself, if u wanna do smt right, do it urself) then 2days later I resolved the virus and they asked me to send my ID and some bills photos alot of shits..ok they verified it in like 5days..that was.. sick long time..that was the last month for the midyear bonus iron man, and because of this I failed to be iron man, and lost 300$ bonus.. if ur not iron man in the last month of a semester you dont get a shit bonus...

2. Whenever I asked them a precise thing, they always replied with some other bullshit..like the last time..I asked them if I can withdraw with bank transfer without depositing with it first...they wrote 6mails, none of them had a fucking "yes u can" "no u cant". they said stuff like, for ur own security its better if you first deposit, and I kept asking why is in the cashier the button to withdraw if I should not do it before the deposit.. then they told me to send ID photos bills again these shits if I want to withdraw from MB or bank..so practically they suspended me from any kind of withdrawal till I send them the documents.. I sent it, 3days later I asked them what takes so long ? and they said, they cant find the address on the documents... I went mad.. 3times I sent them the same files they always found it but not this time, I wrote them a pretty aggro mail, explaining how worthless they are and first thing after withdrawal I'm off to another site, also I sent them the ID picture, and zoomed it in + circled the address... about 4days later they said, ok the documents are valid.. now the withdraw on the page says 3-5days..i got a mail just now... "ur ewallet withdrawals should appear immediately, but the bank transfers takes up to 10-15 days" now...wtf... seriously.

For me the most annoying thing is, that those idiots at the support are getting paid alot..for what? replying nonsense shit and fucking with you, also, they are slow like hell.
      Thats why I like Titan support, whenever I get mad I can chat with them and curse them till they give me an aswer for my question, love that support :D
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      Of course not. It has come to our attention that your Player ID BLOWMEBABE may be seen as offensive or inappropriate to other players. O really? if they have such a good support team, why did they let me create a nickname before and just after 1 year they wake up and decides ban me.. it is just more than terrible
      well i'm just sayin this is not some stupid facebook or smth where you're chatting we are talking about poker, and support team should be more better.
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BLOWMEBABE
      why did they let me create a nickname before and just after 1 year they wake up and decides ban me
      I would imagine they would have some sort of system automatically checking for offensive names on registration. I imagine due to the number of new registrations they would recieve each day that checking them manually is impractical. It's possible that your name slipped past their system undetected and it wasn't brought to their attention until a complaint was made. A good solution to avoid this type of dilemma is to not choose an offensive screenname for a public site in the first place.

Sure, their support team is slow to resolve issues. This has even been the case for me in the past. But I don't think it's reasonable to lay all of the blame on Full Tilt for your losses in bonuses when the situation could have easily been avoided entirely.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      true everything can be better... but you have also to understand FT has 100k+ users online on daily basis and lets say 1%of them send an e-mail which is 1000 mails per day for various "problems".

Administrating something is very hard, but since moderators and administrators @ fulltilt are paid to do only that, then THEY SHOULD BE fast and precise.
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zhusy
      true everything can be better... but you have also to understand FT has 100k+ users online on daily basis and lets say 1%of them send an e-mail which is 1000 mails per day for various "problems".

Administrating something is very hard, but since moderators and administrators @ fulltilt are paid to do only that, then THEY SHOULD BE fast and precise.
      Cmoon my nickname wasnt so bad, I mean it doesn't contain any profanity and abusive language.
      And believe me I've seen really worst nicks, my was just funny. And why all pokerforums doesn't chnage my nick and other x sites? it's not so bad and offensive.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      had similair problem , blocked accounts for no reason never gonna open it again FULL TILT SUCKS,
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      hi, today my friend recieved this email after almost a week of waiting

After a thorough investigation, we have determined that you are closely
      # associated with players who are guilty of fraudulent activity on Full Tilt
      # Poker.
      #
      # We have determined you are associated to with player due to one or more of the
      # following parameters:
      #
      # *Accounts have logged in from the same computer/IP address.
      # *Transfer of funds between both accounts.
      # *Similar information on accounts.
      # *Shared payment processors.
      #
      # For security and privacy reasons, we are unable to release the names of the
      # associated fraudulent players.

None of this is true and they just made it up. We cant prove it but this is just retarded, they banned the account for no reason at all. Is there anything we can do about this? Or can they just do what they want with players accounts?

according to this the other player should be me but I didnt recieve any email and my acc isnt blocked at all.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      your "friend" seems to have been caught cheating the system. maybe you (opps sorry i mean your "friend") shouldnt cheat.
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      your "friend" seems to have been caught cheating the system. maybe you (opps sorry i mean your "friend") shouldnt cheat.
      Thanks for your kind words. You think I would be posting all this if I was dual accounting or something?

Im looking for help since we did NOT ever login from the same ip adress and what they wrote just isnt true.