UTG ($4.99)
      UTG+1 ($5.19)
      UTG+2 ($4.15)
      MP1 ($5.32)
      MP2 ($6.79)
      CO ($4.81) 14/1/2.0 94hands
      Hero ($5.55)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, SB raises to $0.48, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.33

FLOP ($1.16) A:diamond: 6:heart: 7:heart:

SB bets $0.59, Hero calls $0.59

TURN ($2.34) A:diamond: 6:heart: 7:heart: 8:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50

RIVER ($5.34) A:diamond: 6:heart: 7:heart: 8:diamond: T:club:

SB bets $2.38 (AI), Hero calls $2.38

Hero shows A:spade: K:spade:
      (Pre 49%, Flop 83.7%, Turn 86.4%)

SB shows 4:heart: 4:club:
      (Pre 51%, Flop 16.3%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero wins $9.43
  • 3 replies
    • Sapiente
      Sapiente
      Bronze
      lol. before I looked at the result I was sure you lost this one. I think you played the hand too passively, although I have to admit, as it played out you DID get the maximum out of him.

Pre-flop I would 3bet with AKs unless there was a really bad player in the blinds that I wanted to come into the hand as well (as may have been the case here :) ) since AKs plays quite well in a multi-way pot too.

On the flop I would at least consider raising. Although good players wouldn't really try to squeeze from the SB with a suited connector many players at these limits do and taking that into account the board is quite draw heavy + you have top pair top kicker i.e., a hand that plays well fast. The only thing you can realy be behind of at this point is trips so I would also do it for value and for information. (although in the micros TPTK is often the NUTS! :P )

Anyways, nh, although I think you played it a bit like calling station, but if this was intentional (maybe because you noticed your oponnent was a hyperaggressive maniac) then good job!
    • psydreamer
      psydreamer
      Bronze
      i didn't 3b because the CO was really nit and if he 4b/AI i can't call him
      but yes i don't really know why i didn't raise flop and on turn i can raise bigger
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello psydreamer,

Raising the flop doesn't make much sense for the reason that you will not likely get Called by a lot worse hand, and those kind of PPs like TT+ which he might 3bet preflop they will just CBet/Fold. But meanwhile we still could get his whole stack by just calling and letting him continue his bluffs. He doesn't have that many draws in his 3bet range unless he is some maniac. Otherwise turn & river are fine, he may as well shove there with just Ax type of hand. Although overall his line doesn't make sense at all but I don't think that we can lay down our hand.

Best regards.