$37.05
      BU:
      $30.59
      SB:
      $20.00
      BB:
      $6.50

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.80, BU raises to $2.60, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.80.

Flop: ($5.5) 2, 9, 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.12, Hero ?????

Hi, I have just played a few thousand hands of 6max, my background is from FR. I was open raising very tight because of BU tendencies. The players to my right were very fishy so I decided to stay at the table.

With 100bb´s I would have played 4bet/broke and 4bet light with CRE hands.

If we call the contibet, what should be our plan on the turn, river?

Thanks for your help!!
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You play here versus a very aggressive guy it seems. Given you have 128 hands on him I'd expect you have some reads besides the stats? If not, let's just consider the stats and the board.

When you call this hand preflop do you call to setmine or bluffcatch?

If you called to bluffcath the flop is one of the best we can hope for and as he is relatively aggro I can't see us doing anything but calling. You could consider checkraising but with a tight image you'll just isolate yourself versus the top of his range.

For example, TT-JJ are 12 combos and so are KK-AA. AK is 16 combos. Given it's BTN vs CO and he 3-bets a lot his range has a lot of junk in it (like possible broadways, suited connectors, etc.).

So after we call flop, given he is very aggro, I'd most likely call him down on a turn blank. If the turn is an A or K I'd still likely call one but fold the river if he shoves. The reason being is that most villains will bluff at the scare card and then shut down when getting called.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you can´t get away your hand postflop, so I´d c/r flop to 9$ and call shove. His hand range has still TT/JJ and sometimes even 9x hands that he isn´t going to fold and not sure he would blindly barrel on the turn if it goes b/c