[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, TPTK vs. mad donk

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain is pretty unknown, but again with some "impressive" stats: 78/67/13 during 9 hands, donkbet flop 100.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($10)
      UTG ($12.96)
      MP ($3.65)
      CO ($19.57)
      Hero (Button) ($27.93)
      SB ($11.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, K
      UTG bets $0.35, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) 8, 3, K (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.55, Hero calls $2.55

Turn: ($7.65) 2 (2 players)
      UTG bets $9.21 (All-In), Hero calls $9.21

Flop: I don't see any hands that beat me that he would make such a donkbet on the flop with them. Flop was super dry, he wouldn't do that with two pair, not to mention set. Bluff very possible.
      So OK, I just call and give him the rope if he wants to hang himself.

Turn: Pretty much a blank and he shoves. Easy call I guess?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Against that kind of player, I don't think that we can lay down in 3bet pot our TP. He may easily even do that with bluffs as well even worse Kx or whatsoever. Nice hand! And as well even if he has there like super strong hand like set or whatever, why is he trying to shove this way? Just doesn't make sense, rather would try to slowplay or get maximum value, although it's possible that he has there something similar. What did he have then?:D

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      He had :spade: 8 :spade: 9 here. Thank god he didn't suckout on the river :D But this again left me amazed, how some people doesn't respect their money..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      He had :spade: 8 :spade: 9 here. Thank god he didn't suckout on the river :D But this again left me amazed, how some people doesn't respect their money..
      Yep, totally standard. As I expect him to have the draw there as well. More and more people tend to over-shove with their draws this way.