[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, Nut flush vs. possibly FH

• Bliausmas
      Villains stats: 23/15/0.5 during 129 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($6.58)
      Button ($9.37)
      SB ($15.74)
      BB ($10.47)
      Hero (UTG) ($10.15)
      MP ($16.21)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7, A
      Hero bets $0.30, MP calls $0.30, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 8, 3, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.55) 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP calls $1

River: ($3.55) 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, MP raises to $12.55, Hero ???

Well I guess my betsizing is pretty crappy as usual :D I think 2/3 pot on the flop and smth like 4/5 pot on the turn would be way better?
      And what about river? Do we bet here smaller? Can we find a fold in this given spot? I don't actually see how the villain shoves here without FH, there are no weaker hands than mine, that he would shove for value, also taking into account his AF - yeah, I'm pretty much dead here..
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Bliausmas,

Trust me, you will get used to the bet sizing in future. Just post hands and try to find those leaks where you bet too small or too much and so on. Overall this can sometimes even cost you a lot of money and also sometimes you lose a lot money.

But overall, I'd bet like $0,50 on flop and definitely a bit bigger on turn ~$1,30 or something similar. Depends also on the opponent, when I see him being somewhat aggressive and likely even floating or something similar. You might even consider Check/Raise. Although against that kind of passive guy rather bet it. And river is just the ugliest card for us actually, I guess I'd bet like $2 and then act accordingly to the raise, but as he shoves there, I guess we have to make the crying fold. Just if we take a look at his AF although in this situation it doesn't matter that much since he more often will do the shove with FHs. Even I think with some weak flush he would be more often inclined to Call or raise the turn to avoid another to come.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Yeah, and that's a good example how my betsizing led to big mistake. I actually crying called and I guess I don't need to say what did he have (55).. And that's because I felt commited on the river.
      Thanks for the advices!