[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, TPTK vs. typical set line

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 28/23/1.4 during 154 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($10.20)
      Button ($10)
      Hero (SB) ($23.98)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($10.72)
      MP ($5.20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
      3 folds, Button bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, Button calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) J, A, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, Button calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.50) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, Button raises to $7.80 (All-In), Hero ???

Bigger cbet on the flop? Are we going to go broke on the turn, or should we respect villains raise since it's typical line with a set (call flop, raise turn)?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

If he set-mined preflop then he made a mistake, that's first of all what I wanted to mention. Other is that I'd still CBet a big bigger ~$1,50 and likely as well like $3 on turn. Your small bets could easily even induce him to shove with any kind of hand. And I don't think that I am getting away from this while being it 3bet and have invested that much already. He may still have even weaker Aces or sometimes even draws. Although it's true that he seems to be passive but I don't think that we have enough of hands. For example WTS & W$SD would be good here.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      His WTSD/W$SD stats are 32/40 respectively, so I guess this should encourage me to stackoff here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      His WTSD/W$SD stats are 32/40 respectively, so I guess this should encourage me to stackoff here?
      Yep, totally. :) Way too often going to showdown and most of them ain't even winning. I am going broke as well. Just happens when we are behind.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      By the way, what WTSD% would be optimal to aim at? I usually have 25-30 WTSD when I review my session stats (2-3k hands), and feel that's a bit too much. Also my W$SD is usually 55-60 per session, I guess that's also too low?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      By the way, what WTSD% would be optimal to aim at? I usually have 25-30 WTSD when I review my session stats (2-3k hands), and feel that's a bit too much. Also my W$SD is usually 55-60 per session, I guess that's also too low?
      I'd say that normal WTS would be like 23-28 or something similar. So in between that is everything fine. When you have a higher value, you likely going to much to showdown and losing money with it. Like calling down too much with TP/overpair type of hands.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      OK, I'll keep that in mind, thanks :)