Hero (BB): €56.94
      UTG: €84.03
      MP: €7.60
      CO: €46.66
      BTN: €57.45 From LP: VP:29/PR:27/Fold 3B:80%/F to CBet:50/WTSD:23
      SB: €48.75

SB posts SB €0.25, Hero posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (€0.75) Hero has K:club: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to €1.50, fold, Hero raises to €5.00, BTN calls €3.50

Flop: (€10.25, 2 players) J:diamond: 7:spade: T:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (€10.25, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets €6.00, fold

I didnt see which hand I would make fold on this board apart maybe from AQ, so I decided to let it go.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If he folds that much to 3-bets you should consider calling preflop. Although that sample could be small.

As played, giving up is fine, especially since his perceived range for calling preflop is stronger (in our eyes).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since you ahve two overcards+ gutshot I think I´d still c-bet flop, since you can likely never check it down and expect to be good and if you c/f all the way he may take stab with worse hands
      So I´d c-bet to 5$ and then decide on the turn if I want to double barrel to then c/f river or c/f turn
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      If he folds that much to 3-bets you should consider calling preflop. Although that sample could be small.
      Sample size isnt that small so I could have called pre. How would you play post flop if you call pre on that board? And on a A or K high dry board? Donk,C/C,C/R?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Sample size isnt that small so I could have called pre. How would you play post flop if you call pre on that board? And on a A or K high dry board? Donk,C/C,C/R?
      We'd have to look at his other tendencies then. Such as cbet flop, cbet turn, etc.

In general your AK can be turned into a bluff on the flop if he cbets the flop a lot and cks turn a lot. Or can be turned into an out of position float since it does have showdown value. On a K/A high board you can allow him to barrel and call him down or if you have any sort of aggression image (or he is a very skeptical person) you can ck/raise flops like K72r, A94r, etc where he doesn't expect you to rep much.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      basically if you call 3b with AKs, you can´t really 3b a lot from the BB, since you get 4-bet bluffed a lot, since your hand range is really polarized against strong hands like QQ+ or bluffs. Since you also sometimes get 4-bet bluff you can profitable shove AKs that spot, so I really don´t see reason why you should call pf, unless he would fold all the worse hands and only continue better ones. If you call pf AKs, I´d lead out that flop and also turn since we have two overcards+gutshot and we can fold out some better hands, like small pp-s butt he most important we don´t have to c/c flop and c/f turn to better hands
      Kxx, Axx boards I´d c/r for value and play for stacks since worse hands would call me down