[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA blind battle

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I think he's 3-betting me light here so I decide to just call since I know he's almost never calling a 4-bet. I C/R the flop hoping he's caught a piece. Sadly not. This play okay?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10
      BB:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BB raises to $1.10, Hero calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.15) T:club: , 7:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.2, Hero raises to $4.20, BB folds.

Final Pot: $7.55
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: While being OOP and taking a look at his BBvsSteal I'd say I am just 4betting and getting it in. He will often have a hand which is 3betting there us since he hasn't done it that much earlier.

As played
      Postflop: Totally fine to Check/Raise, although I don't really see many hands to continue, one option would be to Check/Call and donk the turn.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      So what hand do you think he's likely getting it all in with preflop that is not stacking off on that flop? AK is really the only part of his range that would do this?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      So what hand do you think he's likely getting it all in with preflop that is not stacking off on that flop? AK is really the only part of his range that would do this?
      Yep likely, but your line is totally doable if you feel comfortable this way. I am not saying that Calling is wrong preflop but rather tricky play. :D