[NL2-NL10] NL10 34o checked in the BB

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      How can I play this any differently? As I play considering he's unknown, I'm checking the river so he can bet his missed FD, and my raise is to get value from a possible overpair.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10
      Hero:
      $11.54
      MP1:
      $3

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:heart: , 3:club: . MP1 posts a blind of $0.10.
      2 folds, MP1 checks, 4 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.30) 5:spade: , 5:diamond: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, MP1 calls $0.15, SB folds.

Turn: ($0.60) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, MP1 calls $0.40.

River: ($1.40) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.7, Hero raises to $2.50, MP1 raises to $2.35 (All-In).

Final Pot: $6.25
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Doesn't really make sense to bet the turn anyways. There aren't just many worse hands which Call you there and rather take pot control line. Otherwise the river is kinda marginal, I guess I'd rather bet myself against that kind of passive/unknown opponent.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I actually bet the turn because it improved my hand and I thought I could maybe make him fold some better or some kind of 2 overs + FD hand that has great equity by double barreling?

The likelihood of him bluffing the river with a missed draw after calling the turn is slim so he's more likely to show up with a value bet. I should probably flat here if anything rather than raising. I've been in this spot before and I made the correct play, but recognised that it's marginal, and that I want to avoid it in the future. This time I got it wrong. He had 56o.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I actually bet the turn because it improved my hand and I thought I could maybe make him fold some better or some kind of 2 overs + FD hand that has great equity by double barreling?

And why do you want to fight over a freeplay pot? I don't really like it. Rather just go for smaller pots in freeplay pots than try anything fancy as you did.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

And why do you want to fight over a freeplay pot? I don't really like it. Rather just go for smaller pots in freeplay pots than try anything fancy as you did.
      Agreed! Thanks Veriz! :)