Disappointing Month of NL10. Any and all help requested

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I'm posting this early since I'm going on holiday on Tuesday and My goals for this month of playing 10K hands before the 20th, and posting a tone of them in the hand review section are complete.

So I've really worked on my NL10 game this month and I managed to book a winrate of 0.37BB/100.

I'm completely disgusted with this and I genuinely don't think it is acceptable. In my last session I lost 2BI which is really what made things end so badly.

I want to fix this, and I want to get better, but other than posting hands and reviewing every session, I dont know where I'm going wrong. I genuinley believe I'm running like crap. For the Month, KK ran at at loss of 49bb/100 (over 47 examples.)

Some stats will follow that I can pull from Elephant since it's what I'm currently using to track progress, And I really like the hand tagging and ease of which you can review sessions. It's obvious I've got leaks but I don't know where to start and when I see people saying things like "you should crush NL10 for >10BB/100" I get annoyed because I really cant work out what I'm doing wrong.

VPIP: 13.8%
      PFR: 8.5%
      Openraise LP: 20.8%
      fold SB to steal: 86.3%
      fold BB to steal: 86.9%
      AF: 1.8
      Hand Range Showndown: 2.4%
      WTSD: 22.4%
      W$@SD: 48.7%
      W$wsF: 39%

Rake Paid: $70.72.

Obviously I want my W$@SD to increase and I should be able to mange this by showing down less often. I'm opening the button 26% and Cutoff 17% (cutoff could probably be wider,) so I'm not afraid to steal and play IP.

I'd like to pay less in rake also, and plan to be cashing in my Titan points for a $45 cash reward (I had generated points from when I played $2 SnGs) and moving to a more micro friendly website. Can anyone recommend one?

I really don't need any smarmy remarks or sarcastic comments here since I'm feeling crappy enough about poker at the moment. Anything and everything constructive is welcome.

If anyone has any questions that will make it easier for you to help me, please ask. I need all the help I can get!

Here's the Swingy Graph.

• 5 replies
    • dainauskiene
      dainauskiene
      Bronze
      Hi,

You should post your graph of all in performance. Your swings probably depends on variance. In addition, you can probably increase your agression, since you are playing very few hands, so your range is strong, and you shouldn't be too passive.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dainauskiene
      Hi,

You should post your graph of all in performance. Your swings probably depends on variance. In addition, you can probably increase your agression, since you are playing very few hands, so your range is strong, and you shouldn't be too passive.
      Thanks. Elephant doen't have a function for plotting all-in EV and showdown winnings and Nonshowdown winnings. :-( I should probably look at getting new software.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      This is not swingy at all. Your biggest "downswing" was -3BI, that's normal.
      But there are always some things you could fix. For example your VPIP and PFR stats should be closer together. Do you play full ring or 6max? If full ring - then you're playing too loose, try to apply smth like 12/10 stats. If 6max - then you're playing way too tight and also too passive, you should have stats like 17/15 or similar. More aggression would be good for you also, while having 3 - 3.5 AF you would face less tough decisions that costs money very often.
      It would also be good to see your showdown/non-showdown graphs and more stats.

By the way I'm also annoyed when everyone is constantly saying how easy is to beat micros, and beat it with huge bb/100, but you know.. it easier to talk, than to actually do it ;)

I hope it helped, good luck!
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      This is not swingy at all. Your biggest "downswing" was -3BI, that's normal.
      But there are always some things you could fix. For example your VPIP and PFR stats should be closer together. Do you play full ring or 6max? If full ring - then you're playing too loose, try to apply smth like 12/10 stats. If 6max - then you're playing way too tight and also too passive, you should have stats like 17/15 or similar. More aggression would be good for you also, while having 3 - 3.5 AF you would face less tough decisions that costs money very often.
      It would also be good to see your showdown/non-showdown graphs and more stats.

By the way I'm also annoyed when everyone is constantly saying how easy is to beat micros, and beat it with huge bb/100, but you know.. it easier to talk, than to actually do it ;)

I hope it helped, good luck!
      Thanks! lots of decent stuff here.

All hands are fullring.

I played the first couple of weeks open limping pocket pairs from early to Mid position from 22 - 99. I decided to start opening more pairs towards the end of the month so I think for the last week my PFR would be a lot closer to my VPIP. I think I'm playing pretty tight already, I think I'd struggle to play 12/10 but If this is recommended, I'll certainly give it a try.

I don't think you can create any other graphs in elephant? I'll take a more detailed look though. I guess I'm reaching its limitations. I'll possibly try and get free trials of HEM/ PT3 for March/April since I'm on a (fresh install of windows) and decide from there.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well if you're strictly setmining then it's ok to open limp with small pockets from early positions (in middle I'd still prefer raise). But if you're strictly setmining - it means that 88 on 542 flop is no good, because you didn't hit your set, and you are folding it.
      12/10 stats are achievable, especially when you understand why is it good for you to be aggressor in as much hands as possible.

But to be honest I don't know much about full ring as I have played it only in NL2-NL5 like a year ago.. :)