Good start or beginers luck?

• Rourke23
      Rourke23
      Bronze
      I recently just started poker for real money on the internet a couple months ago, first couple weeks i was buying into low tourneys 25cent/50cent, not really winning any thing but always coming close to placing.
      But recently i have been playing alot more,putting hours in each day. I started playing in higher stake games after coming tops 30 in a couple 50 cent games. My top finish in 2dollar buy in was 34 and a couple other times in top 50, i also placed 9th in free roll on partypoker, and almost placed for monthly million the last couple days placing in the top 50 twice and top 25 once.
      I was just wondering if this was a good start , and where i should go from here. kind of a random post just looking for advice on what buy-in i would play best at , and best times to play so fourth.
  • 5 replies
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Well, it depends on your bankroll. According to pocketfives (a very good poker strategy site) for MTT's, you should have the following bankroll:

18-man: 90 BI
      27-man: 108 BI
      45-man: 128 BI
      90-man: 150 BI
      180+ man: 200 BI

This is recommended for players who don't want to or can't afford to redeposit. So, if you're happy to redeposit, feel free to cut those recommendations in half.

Some other people can probably help you more, since this is generic advice, not tailored to your situation.
    • Rourke23
      Rourke23
      Bronze
      sorry whats bi mean? and right now im playing in dollar buy in cuz the lowest one there is with 18dollar bank buy i didnt put much in because Im mostly just on here for freerolls. But i seem to have more luck in tourneys on poker stars, ive placed in 5 of last 7 and double my bank roll on there soo i dont know if im just fluking out or what, but i really want to learn alot more about poker , and mostly tourneys and sng
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      It's nice to see you consider finishing in top 50 a success, most of the people consider it a failure :D So probably a good start for you, but don't overestimate it, your sample is still too low =) And BI means Buy-in.
    • Rourke23
      Rourke23
      Bronze
      thanks for putting me in my place thats what i needed lol, but yea i just started soo i had a top 1o finish is that a fail lol, im not sayin im good tho just asking for advice
    • Rourke23
      Rourke23
      Bronze
      Mostly i want to know what site would be best for me low buy ins, and i like playing late at night , partypoker night time poker is kinda dead, and poker stars mostly all hi bi's