could anyone explain my graph?

• 31 replies
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      i would like from someone to explain my graph from the beggining till the end
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      down up, up, down, up, down, up,up, up, up, down, up, up, down, up, down, up, up

hope that helps
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      serious answers please.no donkey answers
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      u played 25 tournaments and won 83 dollars

hope that helps
    • Rourke23
      Rourke23
      Bronze
      what site are u playn on that lets u check that? does party and poker stars?
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      pokerstrategy full of jerks
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      ehm.. im no troll.. but this is a bit too much even for me :D

ur graph is unexplainable..
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belthazorrrr
      pokerstrategy full of jerks
      Sorry its just ur thread kinda attracts trolling.. =)

What exactly would you like to be explained about ur graph?=) Clearly this graph shows the tournies you have played and it goes down when you lost monies and it goes up when you won monies =)

The redline shows EV(expected value) which im not sure how exactly is calculated for tournies and im not sure how reliable that is for sngs =)
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      this graph shows that you have played 16 tournaments for a total profit of $27.50

also, isildur1 would like to play u HU4Rollz ;)
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      The redline shows EV(expected value) which im not sure how exactly is calculated for tournies and im not sure how reliable that is for sngs ....
      this is what i would like from someone to explain me..how ev calculated and what it means
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      see, thats a much better question to ask ;)

EV is your expected value, which basically shows you your profit before luck is factored in. i'm not 100% sure how it's calculated for SNG's, but i'll give you a cash game example

I have AA, and go all in for $100 pre flop and get called by KK who has me covered. i am approx a 82% to win the hand and to win the $200 pot (lets assume we were in the blinds and there's no rake for simplicity)

My Green Line in my graph will either go up by $100 or down by $100 dependant on if i win the hand or not. however, regardless of this, my equity in the hand is +$64 (as i am an 82% favorite to win a $200 pot.

i would assume for sng/tournament the ev would take into account payouts and be similar to an ICM calculation based on the hand you are eliminated from the tournament
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ

EV is your expected value, which basically shows you your profit before luck is factored in. i'm not 100% sure how it's calculated for SNG's, but i'll give you a cash game example

I have AA, and go all in for $100 pre flop and get called by KK who has me covered. i am approx a 82% to win the hand and to win the $200 pot (lets assume we were in the blinds and there's no rake for simplicity)

My Green Line in my graph will either go up by $100 or down by $100 dependant on if i win the hand or not. however, regardless of this, my equity in the hand is +$64 (as i am an 82% favorite to win a $200 pot.

i would assume for sng/tournament the ev would take into account payouts and be similar to an ICM calculation based on the hand you are eliminated from the tournament
      Actually if you get it in with 82% equity with AA then your EV is +82$ not +64$.

And EV line for SNGs is way more complicated to calculate since it takes into account your hand equity, your tournament equity based on your stack size and your opponents stack sizes and the pay out structure.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      gotta stop posting when too tired to figure out if i was correct or not in a simple ev calc...
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47

Actually if you get it in with 82% equity with AA then your EV is +82$ not +64$.
      Nop, AlCa was correct. In the example he is expected to win 164$ (disregarding rake) and since he invested 100$, EV line will go up by 64$.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by malosanmaka
      Originally posted by MatejM47

Nop, AlCa was correct. In the example he is expected to win 164$ (disregarding rake) and since he invested 100$, EV line will go up by 64$.
      Yup, this is correct.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      down up, up, down, up, down, up,up, up, up, down, up, up, down, up, down, up, up

hope that helps
      Is there a way to change HEM so that my graph comes in this form?
    • brishon
      brishon
      Basic
      Hi, I have seen your graphs but unable to find out any idea so that I can explain you. I hope other members will help you out.

Thanks!

Bingo Gift Vouchers
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      This graph shows that you are a solid player and a great person too. When I look at it I see lots and lots of merry days to come, full of sunshine and achievements. I also see you crushing mid-stakes in the near future and reaching high stakes by the end of 2014. Hope this helps. GL!
    • belthazorrrr
      belthazorrrr
      Bronze
      man u seriously have problems...a beginner ask to explain a graph and you are all ironics..jesus...learn some manners