[NL2-NL10] Hitting a Set on the turn... Epic fail!

• Frankyx911
      Frankyx911
      Bronze
      Hmmm vilain is 100% unknown

Cassava Poker $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 1191834
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $2.77
      BTN: $0.59
      SB: $1.99
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $2.03
      UTG+1: $1.40
      MP: $2.20

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 7:spade: 7:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17) 3:diamond: 8:club: 9:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.33) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.24, BB calls $0.24

River: ($0.81) K:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60

He just calls a Raise from late position So I think blind Defense ... wide range of suited card and Ax JTo+ pocket 66- ( I would re-raise higher pockets in that spot as vilain will fold often enough to a 3-bet and you can stack him pretty easy if if he call and hits TPTK vs your strong set so higher then my own 77 i dont really include in is range)

So the flop comes rainbow but i think i shouldnt of C-Bet it ...(Vilain range can very well be J9s+,97s+ ATo+ A8s,A9s, and my C-bet of 1/2 pot was pretty weak

even after vilain checked to me the range of hands that would call 1/2 pot maybe even 2/3+ here is ... :f_cry: )

And a 7 could really mean I'm drawing pretty thin vs JTs (didnt think about that one while playing the hand obv.... :s_confused: )

So the turn comes .... the so called 7 ... vilain checks again ...
      I smell the trap tightning around my stack but still manage to convince my self in some value against 98s J9s+ QJs of diamonds maybe by a long shot dont really see him calling half pot whit QJs unless it was whit a backdoor flush witch could pay some value and fold to a river bet on a missed diamond, same for A8s/A9s of diamond

So I bet about 2/3 pot (whit a check or a cheap call on the river 1/2 pot -) and unknow flats again really smelling like a good draw or the nuts (JTs of diamonds I'd say in that spot) but i cant really put him on that exact hand either

*wonder if thats the way ahead, way behind spot they talk about in the strategy.... :f_biggrin:

The king is kind of the card that made me call here!
      The diamond had missed
      The Tx hand other then JT missed too
      But K9s could very well take that action as raising 1/2 pot wouldnt make me fold much hands I'd barrel 3 times whit
      And would make the pot 1:1 whit his stack almost commiting him to a call if I raise the 1,20$ he would have left after that bet(I might be making a mistake there I m not really sure about that part)

:s_confused: :f_confused: ?(

Vilain cards in my next post after evaluation
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Frankyx911,

Since he may still have even Kx type of hands and of course as well 2pairs or whatsoever. And even if he would bet like $0,50 I'd still ship it there. Therefore I'd also make the crying Call, there aren't that many combos which beat us. Although often time such a shove is rather a made hand but the question is which one. If he even had like JT on turn, why didn't he like Check/Raise or something similar, that's the question. Overall, he played pretty badly the hand.

Best regards.
    • Frankyx911
      Frankyx911
      Bronze
      vilain had 99
      and whit his play on the turn/river i really wasnt expecting that hand

I guess he did slow play a hand that could of been out drawn by a flush or a straight by the river... He did in fact let me draw that 7 witch could of been the end of is set if i had the JT i was so afraid of...

Thx veriz once more you have me look at the hand from another angle

I'm actually surprised that you agree with me calling there I really tought I was leaking chips in a spot like that...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Frankyx911
      vilain had 99
      and whit his play on the turn/river i really wasnt expecting that hand

I guess he did slow play a hand that could of been out drawn by a flush or a straight by the river... He did in fact let me draw that 7 witch could of been the end of is set if i had the JT i was so afraid of...

Thx veriz once more you have me look at the hand from another angle

I'm actually surprised that you agree with me calling there I really tought I was leaking chips in a spot like that...
      Not really vs unknown. Vs known player I might even find a fold there. Those players on those limits are just too bad while we can easily even expect them to pick such a line EVEN with TP. :D