help

• vanaga
      vanaga
      Bronze
      aam, hello.
      1.problem:
      how do i know wich type of game (sng, cash game, tournaments) is more suited for me?
      i play sng. . in the beginning i'm good. win few games and then loose a few and win again and then just loose all my bankroll.
      then i deposit and start play sng again and again i loose. then i start playing freerolls, won a bit --> make deposit --> playing--> no results neeed another deposit.. then i play cash games, in 2 days (2 hours each ) my bankroll increased from 10 dollars to 26 and then suddenly balckout -->after another 2 days- no money...
      and thats leads to my second problem:
      always in the end i am looser. for example today i had kk and lost to some donk who went all in with J4's and made a flush. i had a fullhouse but lost to 4 of kind.. today i lost my bankroll again. ok bad beat , a bounch actually in a 2 houre session. but thats not the point. problem is that i start my sesion good, paciently, doing what i think is right and actually doing great,playing good game because i have studied pokerstrategy.com articles,but then something comes up on me and i become a donk, start to bet with no reason, bluff with no reason, even going all in with no reason. when i catch my self doing that, i usually just stop playing. but often i do not notice that i have become a donk, and just loose my all stack :(
      i don't know, maybe i am ill or something and i will never be able to play profitably?? can't stand that loosing anymore, guess i need to take a break and reread all articles and figure my problems out. please help
      thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • makrelion
      makrelion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vanaga
      can't stand that loosing anymore, guess i need to take a break and reread all articles and figure my problems out. please help
      thanks.
      You just wrote yourself how to deal with your problems.

You obviously go on tilt too much, you do not realize that fast enough and in my opinion you do not follow proper BRM.

My suggestions: relax, do something you enjoy, forget about poker for a while. Then come back, reread all the articles you are able to and try again.

In my opinion, the key to success is patience and a will to improve. When you lose, do not think that you lost money, think that you paid few bucks to improve your poker skills, cause every time you lose, you remember that, so you just need to remember not to make the same mistake again ;)
    • vanaga
      vanaga
      Bronze
      thanks, i think you're right.
      will try not to play for a month even it will be hard to do..
      Let there be No tilt!!
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      I wouldn't necessarily say that a total break is necessary, although it may certainly help :) But I agree that you should try and read up on the strategy, maybe try and find out on the lowest stakes which variant to play and then roll them up from down below ;)

Hadi