Flop: ($0.95) 3, 8, 2 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95

Turn: ($2.85) 4 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $2.06, Hero calls $2.06

River: ($6.97) 2 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $3, MP1 calls $3

Total pot: $12.97 | Rake: $0.64

Results below:
      Hero had 7, 7 (two pair, sevens and twos).
      MP1 had 10, 10 (two pair, tens and twos).
      Outcome: MP1 won $24.66

Opponent was also a regular and mostly we mosty butted heads preflop. Do not remember having any other big pots with him.

How often do we have to bluff and win without a showdown for this to be porfitable?
  • 2 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      What are his VPIP and PFR (we need to assign him a range). And how often is he betting the turn after betting the flop?

Ideally, if you plan to float you want him to have a "one and done" approach. Also, I prefer floating with hands that have at least some equity. If he has top pair or better you're almost dead in this hand.

The river bluff isn't great in my opinion - I don't think he's folding any better hands to a bet of less than half pot. If you are going to bluff the river I think you need to bet close to pot (at least) if you want to get him off overpair/top pair type hands (and you should have some read that he will fold this type of hand). You have showdown value here so why bluff at all?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Slimijs,

I guess without any specific read on the opponent how often does he barrel twice as air or something similar. I'd just fold it on turn. Otherwise the river bet is pretty pointless, what worse do you expect to call there? You will win those hands anyways which he folds with just Checking and those who you don't win, will Call.

Best regards.