Has PS even considered networking?

• nukes
      nukes
      Bronze
      Just curious, but has Poker Strategy even considered networking the referral program?

People love to be paid from the efforts of others. Interested to see what others think on this idea and to see what Poker Strategy thinks.

Nukes
  • 11 replies
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey mate,

not sure I'm following you - what exactly do you mean?

Hadi
    • nukes
      nukes
      Bronze
      one friend tells another and so on and you get a cut from all those that take up the offer.
    • beefpuff
      beefpuff
      Bronze
      Like a pyramid-scheme type thing? Or do you just mean referring people through Facebook etc? Because the latter already exists..
    • nukes
      nukes
      Bronze
      if you get paid down multiple levels (as you say pyramid thing) then yes, and if that is also the way the facebook thing works?
    • Raykoid666
      Raykoid666
      Bronze
      Well in theory, it would be possible IMO

But it all depends on the ammount of people that actually use the TAF program.

Say, for example, %10 of the pokerstrategists actively try to refer people. This would mean 1 out of 10 of your referred friends will refer others.

It would also of course mean PS would need to cut down on the money you make from people you referred yourself in order to be able to give you money for the people your referrals refer.

I could see how it would be profitable if you can build up a large network, and know a lot of people that will refer others too.

But if you only can refer like 10 people, and only 1 of those people will refer others, it wouldn't be that profitable anymore for you really.

So yeah It has it's pros and cons but, IMO, the system is fine as it is, and it works perfectly, so why not stick by that?
    • nukes
      nukes
      Bronze
      I was only thinking of this route as Ive been active in networking for 17+ years on the web and the last network I was part of I had a group size of 12k members at it's peak. I still have good contacts and know of poker players whom would like this route.

I understand the pro's and con's would need to be ironed out but getting it right would attract a lot of people especially if people could promote it for free without taking the quiz (but offer less if they don't in commissions.)

Most of the promotional work is already available on this site, so the only work needed would be to create the commission structure and the back end database which is mostly already in place, only needs a tracking system being placed to track the referrals down multiple levels.

Looking forward to seeing peoples and PS's thoughts on this....

Steve aka "Nukes"
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey nukes,

Thank you for your suggestion.

There are a lot of different systems when it comes to tell-a-friend.

We decided to take the current system, because it is very easy to understand and it is still very profitable for referrers.

By adding more levels, we would need to cut down the first level as otherwise we would need to spend much more money towards our tell a friend system and we still would only get the same amount of new members.

And here we also think that we should award the one who really referred somebody to PokerStrategy.com and not his referral as well, who was not directly involved.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • nukes
      nukes
      Bronze
      Cool, I'll start popping my link out to my poker contacts then and will see how it goes, (and how many pass the test lol)

Btw, I seem to be doing quiet well of the bankroll, cheers for that.

Quiet a few views on this thread, (wonder if it will make post of month ;-))

Chat soon,
      Nukes
    • nukes
      nukes
      Bronze
      Just received 1st $10 into moneybookers,,,, nice,,, I'll keep sending them so u can keep paying me.....
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hope to see a lot of your friends on our site :)

I think you know already our tell a friend section, where you can find all information + additional referral material.
    • nukes
      nukes
      Bronze
      correct, and I'll make the most of all that's there thanks.