[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, Deep stacks, AA play for value

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain stats: 32/5/1.5 during 20 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($8.84)
      UTG ($38.20)
      MP ($9.73)
      Hero (CO) ($16.85)
      Button ($19.92)
      SB ($4.06)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A
      1 fold, MP bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.05, Button raises to $1.80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($4.05) 3, 10, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $1.45, Hero raises to $15.05 (All-In)

That was an interesting spot. Some time ago we had a long discussion about flatting AA to 4bet while being deep, maybe you remember that, Veriz :D This time I decided to put your advice to practice.
      It was surprising to get a 4bet from station-looking opponent. After he min4bets me I immediately put him on KK, also there is a very small possibility that he also has AA. I'm out of position but that doesn't matter very much, because I decided to check/shove any flop. Maybe I rushed too much on the flop, but I'll try smth more tricky next time :)
      What do you think about this hand?
  • 9 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Deep and OOP I would just try to get it in pre-flop with a big 5-bet to, say, $6.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      That's what I tried to do last time when being like 230BB+ deep and facing 4bet (though it was big 4bet, not like this). Opponent folded before claiming he had KK.
      Whole story here: NL10 6max Rush, Monster stacks, Preflop war
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I think there is a big difference in opponent. The first hand was against a good reg, this hand is against what looks like a fishier player who is more likely to call a big bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: Against such a small 4bet, I guess I'd still make back against him a small 5bet like $4 to make even easier to ship it, as you still plan to Check/Shove the flop. Doesn't make really sense.

As played
      Postflop: Check/Shove here is pretty strong move and I rarely see him Calling with a lot worse hands, sometimes might even fold like TT in this situation, although never know.

Best regards.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Veriz,

Out of interest, why would you advocate a small 5-bet rather than a larger 5-bet given that Hero is OOP and deep stacked?

And I somehow doubt he's folding TT here :P

Thanks
      Jon
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      Veriz,

Out of interest, why would you advocate a small 5-bet rather than a larger 5-bet given that Hero is OOP and deep stacked?

And I somehow doubt he's folding TT here :P

Thanks
      Jon
      To induce a shove from him from a lot worse hands and smaller might seem like weaker one and as well gives him more room to make the bad Call. :D

Oh sorry I wanted to say like overpair, although in this case we can't count TT. :D
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Thanks!

And with TT he's flopped top set :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      Thanks!

And with TT he's flopped top set :D
      Oh damn, what I wanted to say was like TT where we have overpair not a set. :D I guess you got the point.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well I thought he made such a 4bet because he believed he has nuts here (probably KK of course). And after that I wanted to look weak and confuse him, making him to believe he still has "nuts". The flop was very good to me though as he had JJ.