This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, Deep stacks, AA play for value

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villain stats: 32/5/1.5 during 20 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($8.84)
      UTG ($38.20)
      MP ($9.73)
      Hero (CO) ($16.85)
      Button ($19.92)
      SB ($4.06)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A
      1 fold, MP bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.05, Button raises to $1.80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($4.05) 3, 10, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $1.45, Hero raises to $15.05 (All-In)

That was an interesting spot. Some time ago we had a long discussion about flatting AA to 4bet while being deep, maybe you remember that, Veriz :D This time I decided to put your advice to practice.
      It was surprising to get a 4bet from station-looking opponent. After he min4bets me I immediately put him on KK, also there is a very small possibility that he also has AA. I'm out of position but that doesn't matter very much, because I decided to check/shove any flop. Maybe I rushed too much on the flop, but I'll try smth more tricky next time :)
      What do you think about this hand?
  • 9 replies
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Deep and OOP I would just try to get it in pre-flop with a big 5-bet to, say, $6.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      That's what I tried to do last time when being like 230BB+ deep and facing 4bet (though it was big 4bet, not like this). Opponent folded before claiming he had KK.
      Whole story here: NL10 6max Rush, Monster stacks, Preflop war
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      I think there is a big difference in opponent. The first hand was against a good reg, this hand is against what looks like a fishier player who is more likely to call a big bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

Preflop: Against such a small 4bet, I guess I'd still make back against him a small 5bet like $4 to make even easier to ship it, as you still plan to Check/Shove the flop. Doesn't make really sense.

As played
      Postflop: Check/Shove here is pretty strong move and I rarely see him Calling with a lot worse hands, sometimes might even fold like TT in this situation, although never know.

Best regards.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Veriz,

Out of interest, why would you advocate a small 5-bet rather than a larger 5-bet given that Hero is OOP and deep stacked?

And I somehow doubt he's folding TT here :P

Thanks
      Jon
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      Veriz,

Out of interest, why would you advocate a small 5-bet rather than a larger 5-bet given that Hero is OOP and deep stacked?

And I somehow doubt he's folding TT here :P

Thanks
      Jon
      To induce a shove from him from a lot worse hands and smaller might seem like weaker one and as well gives him more room to make the bad Call. :D

Oh sorry I wanted to say like overpair, although in this case we can't count TT. :D
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Thanks!

And with TT he's flopped top set :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      Thanks!

And with TT he's flopped top set :D
      Oh damn, what I wanted to say was like TT where we have overpair not a set. :D I guess you got the point.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well I thought he made such a 4bet because he believed he has nuts here (probably KK of course). And after that I wanted to look weak and confuse him, making him to believe he still has "nuts". The flop was very good to me though as he had JJ.